De Blasio Flies Home From Vacation on $3 Million NYPD Counter-Terrorism Plane

0

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is facing criticism for reportedly using an NYPD counterterrorism plane to travel back and forth from a vacation in Canada.

According to reports, the $3 million plane picked the mayor up from his vacation in Montreal Thursday. He took the plane so he could attend the street renaming for fallen NYPD Detective Miosotis Familia.

Then he used the same plane to fly back to Canada, reports say.

It’s unclear how much that trip costs taxpayers or why the mayor did not fly commercially.

The plane, which is outfitted with high-tech sensors and infrared cameras, was purchased to conduct flyovers of New York Harbor and examine incoming ships for radiation. The city paid for 25 percent of the plane’s total cost while the Department of Homeland Security covered the remaining 75 percent.

De Blasio previously faced criticism for using an NYPD helicopter to travel from Brooklyn to Queens in 2014. “I really don’t understand what this is all about,” he told reporters at the time when asked about the controversy.

(YWN World Headquarters – NYC)