A Lakewood family is lucky to be alive today after a Chanukah candle fire was extinguished before it could consume their home. About an hour after lighting the Chanukah Menorah, the homeowner walked into his study to find the table of the Menorahs engulfed in flames, which melted away much of the table.
The Fire Department responded to the home, but the homeowner had already extinguished the fire prior to their arrival.
“Baruch Hashem I had a fire extinguisher nearby and was able to put out the fire myself”, the residents tells TLS. ”I B’H was spared from what would have certainly been a destroyed house and C”V worse, with my wife and 3 kids being upstairs.”The fireman called it a “Hanukkah Miracle”, and I agree”, says the homeowner.
The resident says he’s publicizing this story in hopes of encouraging others to purchase a basic fire extinguisher for their home.
“The $30 served me well”, the homeowner says.
The Fire Department remained at the home to ensure the home was properly ventilated.