1) Sgt. Eitan Barak, 20, of Herzliya
2)IDF Major (reserves) Amotz Greenberg HY”D, 45, of Hod HaSharon
3)Sgt. Adar Bersano HY”D, 20, of Nahariya
4) Staff Sergeant Bnaya Rubel (20) of Holon
5. 2nd-Lt. Bar Rahav (21) of Ramat Yishai
6. Deputy Battalion Commander Major Tzafrir Bar-Or, 32, of Holon.
7. Captain Tzvi Kaplan, 28, of Kedumim
8. Sgt. Gilad Yaakobi, 21, of Kiryat Ono
9. Sgt. Ohz Mendlowitz, 21, of Avtalyon
10. Sgt. Nissim (Sean) Karmeli, 21, of Ra’anana (US citizen)
11. Sgt. Moshe Malko, 20, of Jerusalem
12. Max Steinberg, 24, of Beersheva (US citizen)
13. Sgt. First Class Shachar Tase, 21, of Pardesiah
14. Sgt. First Class Daniel Pomerantz, 20, of Kfar Azar
15. Sgt. Shon Mondshine, 19, of Tel Aviv
16. Sgt. Ben Itzhak Oanounou, 19, of Ashdod
17. Sgt. First Class Oren Simcha Noach, 22, of Hoshaya
18. Staff Sgt.Yuval Dagan, 22, of Kfar Saba
19. Lt.-Colonel Dolev Kedar, 39, of Modi’in
20. Sgt Tal Yifrach, 21, of Rishon L’Tzion
21. Sgt Nadav Goldmacher, 23, of Beersheva
22. Sgt.-Major Kashun Baynesin, 39, of Netivot
23. 2nd-Lt. Yuval Heiman, 21, of Efrat
24. Sgt. Jordan Ben-Simone, 22, of Ashkelon
25. Sgt.-Major Oded Ben-Sira, 22, of Nir Etzion
26. Sgt. Ohad Shemesh, 27, of Beit Elazari
27. Staff Sergeant Evyatar Turgeman, 20, of Beit Shean
28. Captain Dmitri Levitas, 26, of Jerusalem
29. Lt. Natan Cohen, 23, of Modi’in
Lt. Paz Eliyahu, 22, of Kibbutz Evron
Sgt. First Class Li Mat, 19, of Eilat
Sgt. First Class Shachar Dauber, 19, of Kibbutz Ginegar
33. First Sgt. (reserves) Yair Ashkenazi, 36, from Rehovot. (FF #5)
34. Sgt. Oron Shaul, 21, of Poriah Illit
35. Staff Sgt. Guy Levy, 21, of Kfar Vradim
36. Staff Sgt. Guy Boyland, 21, of Kibbutz Genosar
37. Staff Sgt. Amit Yeori, 20, of Yerushalayim
38. Staff Sgt. Avraham Grintzvaig, 21, of Petach Tikvah
39. Staff Sgt. Gal Bason, 21, of Holon
40. Lt. Roy Peles, 21, of Tel Aviv
41.Captain Liad Lavie, 22, of Telmei Yosef.
42.Chief Warrant Officer Rami Kahlon, 39, of Hadera
43. Staff-Sgt. Barak Refael Degorker, 27, of Gan Yavne (reserves)
44. Sgt. First Class Eliav Eliyahu Chaim Kahlon, 22, of Tzfas
45. Corporal Midan Maimon Biton, 20, of Netivot
46. Corporal Niran Cohen, 20, of Tiveria
47. Staff-Sgt. Adi Briga, 23, of Beit Shikma
48. Sgt. First Class Moshe Doini, 20, of Jerusalem
49. Sgt. Daniel Kedmi, 18, of Tzofim
50. Sgt. Barkai Yishai Schor, 21, from Yerushalayim
51. Sgt. Sagi Erez, 19, of Kiryat Ata
52. Sgt. Dor Deri, 18, of Yerushalayim
53. Sgt. Nadav Raymond, 19, from Shdamot Devorah
54. Sgt. 1st Class Matan Gottlieb, 21, of Rishon L’tzion (Maglan)
55. Sgt. 1st Class Omer Chai, 21, from Savion (Maglan)
56. Sgt.1st Class Guy Algranati, 20, of Tel Aviv (Maglan)
57. Staff-Sgt. Daniel Marash, 22, of Rishon L’Tzion (reserves/Armored Corps)
58. Captain Omri Tal, 22, of Yahud (Armored Corps)
59. Sgt. First Class Shai Kushnir, 20, from Kiryat Mitzkin (Armored Corps_
60. Sgt. First Class Noam Rosenthal, 20, of Metar (Armored Corps)
61. Captain Liran Adir (Edri), 31, of Azuz
62. Major Benaya Sarel, 26, of Kiryat Arba (Sayeret Givati)
63. First Sgt. Liel Gidoni, 20, of Yerushalayim (Sayeret Givati)
64. 2nd.-Lt. Hadar Goldin, 23, of Kfar Sava (Sayeret Givati)
This posting could and should make everyone of us cry! So sad!
Hashem Yinkom Damam!
HaMakom Yenacheim mishpachtam!
Holy & Pure.
May they barge the “kishai hakavod” with tefillahs to bring Yeshuas for us all.
True heroes. They all will have a lichtege gan eden.
Hy”d How very sad. May Hashem avenge their blood.
Lev melachim vesarim beyad Hashem. Had we merited, we’d have leaders with more Siyatta Dishmaya and not so many deaths from such a tiny group of terrorists.
How appropriate on tisha bav, i am not an emotional person but I am ready to cry from this. What makes it even worse that now there is a ceasefire a ceasefire that could have been in place 1 month ago, and Hamas lives to terrorize us once again. this is why I opposed going in with ground troops, bomb these people till they stopped. No moral gov’t sends in healthy young men and risks their lives in order to prevent the ENEMY from living, u think the UN will say thanks? Bibi you learned nothing from Yoni’s death and their blood and their parents tzaras will meet you when you meet your creater as I am sure Sharon who created this mess has found out in the depths of you know where, Sharon and Bibi and Rabin have their blood on their and these precious Yiddish neshomos are with Hashem.
Does the army Rabbanut (or anyone else) make sure that there’s someone saying Kaddish for all of them? If not, someone should set up an organization to do so, for those whose families wouldn’t do it, finding out the full names and fathers’ names and dates of petira and kevura. Any ideas?
This is gut-wrenching. I am reminded of what Reb Chaim Shmulevitz said regarding the soldiers fighting in the yom kippur war. He said they are like the “Harugei Lud”. The Gemara says that where the Harugei Lud are in the olam haemes is “ayn kol bereyah yaachol laamod”, i.e., it is a kaddosh place where other ordinary people cannot be.
Most painful of all, is that these soldiers have wives, children, parents, siblings, etc.
This is so sad….to see these young people tragically killed to protect the Land.
These pics make me cry…..
What a tragedy….
What a horrible horrible world that we need to cry and suffer. Hashem look what these HAMAS DOGS DID TO YOUR BEUTIFUL CHILDREN….
PLEASE PLEASE AVENGE THEM…
THEY KILLED THEM BECAUSE WE ARE JEWS AND YOUR CHILDREN….
READING THE KINOT DID NOT MAKE ME CRY BUT THESE SOLDIERS MAKE ME CRY!!!!!!
This is someone’s husband, someone’s father, someone’s son and everyone’s brother.
Lets show Hashem that we don’t need any more casualties like these to bring us together as a nation. Let’s prove that we are worthy of accepting Mashiach Bimhaira VeYamainu and IYH next tisha baav will be a Yom Tov
There are two soldiers with the same last name.hope they aren’t related.
All these faces are so fresh and young. And Nebuchadnezzar to those reservists who were taken from their children. Hy”d.
Thank you for posting the pictures with their names, ages, City, etc…on this Tisha Ba’av. Absolutely heart wrenching. Mamesh kids. Everyone should stop and give thought for a minute. As a parent, it made me cry even more. An emesdika tragedy that has befallen us! May HKB”H give Nechama to the Families.
I rarely comment on online posts but your comment warranted a response and I cannot believe I’m the first to post one.
Firstly, this article had nothing to do with political strategy. Yeshiva World, as it has done throughout Operation Protective Edge gave proper kavod to these kedoshim in the way they saw fit. This article was in no way political or calling for a judgement on how people with extensive knowledge of army tactics and Hamas’s cruelty chose to deal with them.
Secondly, each person is given a specific time on this world. Hashem decided each of these soldiers would die protecting Am Yisroel and Eretz Yisroel and would get tremendous kavod acharon. This is the way Hashem willed it to be. No questions asked. In addition, if you were at all following the extensive coverage on Yeshiva World you would know that the amount of tzaaros that we’ve avoided as a result of the Israeli government being forced to send in ground troops at this time is unimaginable. What hashgacha that the troops had to be sent in saving countless lives and families! Look at what Hamas is doing now and just imagine what they would have done had the IDF not destroyed their tunnel network.
As always, our hearts and our prayers are with these families and we hope they can take even minimal comfort knowing that their sons died protecting the holy nation.
May their neshamos have an aliyah and me way soon merit the days in which the world will be filled with the knowledge of Hashem just as the seas are filled with water.
“B`Gan Eden T`Hay M`Nuchasom”
How terribly painful! May we know of no more pain and death. May all these Kedoshim daven for all of klal yisroel! May we be zoche to the ultimate Yeshua with the coming of Mashiach!