12-Iyar Weekend Edition of Hamodia – Shaimos alert

Home Forums Seforim, Books, & Reading 12-Iyar Weekend Edition of Hamodia – Shaimos alert

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    YW Moderator-72
    Participant

who gets the weekend edition of the Hamodia? look in section b page 21 the AD on the lower right side – picture of an open Torah.

left column

1st line

2nd word

looks to me like the name of HaShem is spelled out there and in other places as well.

YW Moderator-72
    Participant

check other Jewish newspapers also – it could be advertised in other places as well

Jax

72: wow so then it’s shamis?

goody613

i think i once saw on ywn that the new york times had a picture of a sefer torah with Hashems name

kapusta
    Participant

I remember (years ago) there was a CD jacket that had sheimos on it and it was pictured in ads all over the place. BIG problem.

*kapusta*

shy

this should all be taken in to consideration

areivimzehlazeh
    Participant

thanks ames & 72. Does this mean the weekend daily? or the Wednesday full edition- considered a weekend paper?

I remember not too long ago the Mishpacha had this problem & put a notice in the following edition to treat the previous week’s edition accordingly. In addition, I know they put a note in their “Kolmos” magazine(s) (special yom tov section) that it needs to be put into sheimos.

mepal

Thanks ames. So the whole paper gotta go into sheimos?

oomis
    Participant

Why wouldn’t it be considered Shaimos – it has to be, it is the written out Shem.

Cannot be thrown in the garbage.

YW Moderator-72
    Participant

i would imagine that if you tear out the AD to put in shaimos, it should be sufficient.

YW Moderator-72
    Participant

if anybpdy sees this in another paper. post it here with the page number

kapusta
    Participant

isnt the entire paper supposed to be double wrapped before throwing away?

*kapusta*

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.