20 questions fo' yo' P-O-S-E-K!

Home Forums Bais Medrash 20 questions fo' yo' P-O-S-E-K!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Vogue

So basically, I come in contact with a lot of gedolim where I work, so I frequently chat with them, and it suddenly dawned on me, that I have so many shailahs, that I called one of them up and asked to schedule a meeting, so he said yes. A date hasn’t been set up yet, but I so far have twenty questions for him. Most of them are really deep. If I come up with more, should I add them (this posek has his phone ringing off the hook, today, I had to try calling him 150 times before I could reach him)?

yehudayona
    Participant

“Is it bigger than a breadbox?”

pixelate

What are your shaalos?

Toi
    Participant

im sure many gedolim pass through your checkout line.

Is your title for this thread just for us in the CR or do you plan on addressing a gadol “fo’ yo’ P-O-S-E-K!”?

Vogue

left to write: no. Although this particular gadol, I frequently forget to speak to in third person, and he is pretty chill about it because he really likes me.

Toi: Yes, thats completely true.

Pixelate: Lots of complicated stuff, like if I am yekkish, and other stuff I won’t discuss here.

Yehudayona: No idea what your talking about.

WIY

“fo’ yo’ P-O-S-E-K”

???!!!!!

Question #1 Is this a respectful way to speak regarding a posek?

Vogue

probably not, I was in a gangsta mood when i made this topic.

iBump 2.0
    Participant

Yehudayona: No idea what your talking about.

come on!!!

haven’t you ever played the “20 questions” machine?

its the most classical “20 questions” question in the book!

🙂 BUMP 🙂

Vogue

kk, i actually have more than twenty shailahs now to ask…

JustHavingFun
    Participant
    Ender
    Participant

Vogue: So the point of this thread is so that you can tell everyone you are speaking with a “Gadol.” Three Claps for Vogue.

“20 qs fo ‘yo posek.” That is incredibly funny- hands down best line I’ve seen in the CR in a looong time. Thanks Vogue!

Also, you have an incredible gift of a rav that you are comfortable asking questions and talking to. Make use of that precious gift!

About Time
    Participant

where in tarnation do you work

Burnt Steak
    Participant

Ask him if rap/ electronic music is halachicaly considered music, and if not could you listion to it during omer/3 weeks.

Vogue

first of all he actually is the gadol ha’ir in my city.

I work as a cashier.

I personally like rap, but there isnt so much jewish rap music out there.

Torah613Torah
    Participant

Vogue, how is it going with finding a therapist? Maybe ask him about that.(remember our conversation in this thread: http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/coffeeroom/topic/imaginary-friends-teddy-bears-dolls )

Vogue

its kinda difficult to see one when I dont know my work schedule and they are out of town frequently. I havent gotten anywhere.

I had the same problem when I worked as a cashier. The hours change so dramatically from week to week you have no idea when you will be working, so it’s hard to dedicate the same hour every week. You can always request time off or try to switch with someone if you’re scheduled for a shift that’s inconvenient, but it doesn’t always work. Super annoying.

Vogue

yeah…

Torah613Torah
    Participant

Vogue: I hear you. Maybe you can find a therapist who is more flexible.

bygirly

I find this discussion about therapists private and inappropriate to be discussing in a public forum, even if you don’t know anyone, which may actually be worse as they are STRANGERS… and hey, maybe some people do know or can figure out who you are. If you need a therapist or any other help, this is not the place to get it! Go and ask an old teacher, a Rav, friend or parent.

Please!

Why is this inappropriate? I don’t understand.

Vogue

it just is

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.