20 QuestionsοΏ½Round 2!

Home Forums Decaffeinated Coffee 20 QuestionsοΏ½Round 2!

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 366 total)
  • Author

Yes, but we weren’t talking about maaras hamachpeila…

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

You could argue that Chevron is not Meoros HaMachpila so we never bought it. I wrote that because I was thinking of the fact that I once heard someone say that there are 3 places that are clearly ours and those 3 places are davka places that the Arabs claim are not ours.

One of those places was Meoras Hamachpeila. It is clearly ours because it says in the Torah that Avraham Avinu paid for it.

Again, that is Meoras Hamachpeila, not Chevron, but I was thinking of the fact that Chevron is contested territory and that’s the proof that it is ours.

In any case, this is a “yes” or “no” game, so any additional information is just an extra clue. The correct answer was still “no” because we are not buying it now.

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

29 – I posted my last post before I saw yours…

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

Sparkly – I don’t know if you saw – I asked you if it’s living

Sparkly

so first question is can you see it? yes

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

Sparkly – I asked if it’s living, not if you can see it.

So, 1. Can you see it?

Yes, but we weren’t talking about maaras hamachpeila…

That last post was written a few posts ago. Moving forward, 2. Is it alive?

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

29 – I pointed out that I may have been wrong for saying, “but it was bought once” (although I’m not 100% sure that I’m wrong, because our claim to Chevron may be based on our buying MH).

But even if I’m wrong, it’s irrelevant because in any case, the answer to the question, “Do people buy it?” was no, and that is what I said!

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

Sparkly – I asked if it’s living, not if you can see it.

So, 1. Can you see it?

Whoops! Correction – I meant: 1. Is it alive?

Correct, my post got lost, I was saying that the answer is yes, people still buy property in Chevron, thereby owning land there.

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

29- “That last post was written a few posts ago.”

I had been referring to the fact that this post:

“You could argue that Chevron is not Meoros HaMachpila so we never bought it. I wrote that because I was thinking of the fact that I once heard someone say that there are 3 places that are clearly ours and those 3 places are davka places that the Arabs claim are not ours.

One of those places was Meoras Hamachpeila. It is clearly ours because it says in the Torah that Avraham Avinu paid for it.

Again, that is Meoras Hamachpeila, not Chevron, but I was thinking of the fact that Chevron is contested territory and that’s the proof that it is ours.

In any case, this is a “yes” or “no” game, so any additional information is just an extra clue. The correct answer was still “no” because we are not buying it now.”

was written before I saw this: Yes, but we weren’t talking about maaras hamachpeila…

All I was trying to say was that I answered your question before I saw it!

That doesn’t mean you are wrong, that just led me away from guessing property. It was a great choice.

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

“Correct, my post got lost, I was saying that the answer is yes, people still buy property in Chevron, thereby owning land there.”

As I pointed out before, there is a difference between “land in Chevron” and the city of Chevron. I don’t have to pay money to walk around Chevron.

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

That doesn’t mean you are wrong, that just led me away from guessing property. It was a great choice.

Thanks!! I probably shouldn’t have added those words, but I don’t think it “possuls” things. If you really feel it possuls things, we can just say that the answer should have been Mearos Hamachpeila, in which case Picture Perfect is still the winner, but it means that he/she got it on the 20th question so he is really the winner!

You did a great job too, and came very close!

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

So Sparky, 1. Is it alive?

Correct, you do not need to pay to walk around but people do buy it to use it. Ah, I see, you were answering that people don’t NEED to buy it top use it. Oh boy, so much gets lost in the written word.

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

“Correct, you do not need to pay to walk around but people do buy it to use it. Ah, I see, you were answering that people don’t NEED to buy it top use it. Oh boy, so much gets lost in the written word.”

Now I really lost you – what’s the difference between buying it to use it and needing to buy it to use it?

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

Walking around IS using it.

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

The only other way you use Chevron is by going to Mearas Hamachpeila or burying your dead there.

So maybe I am right – Avraham Avinu had to buy Mearas Hamachpeila in order to use Chevron – i.e. to bury his dead in Mearas Hamachpeila- but we don’t pay to use Chevron – by visiting Meoras Hamachpeila (which is what most people do in Chevron)

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

Also, people don’t buy Chevron in order to live there – they buy an apartment that is located in Chevron, but they don’t buy Chevron itself. Chevron itself belongs to all of Am Yisrael. The government is just our agent (and some would claim they aren’t even that). That’s why when Jews have been kicked out of places like Gush Katif, some refused to go at first – if they didn’t own it, it would have been gezel to refuse to leave. But they did own it, because Eretz Yisrael belongs to all of Am Yisrael – given to us by Hashem, and no government can change that fact even if they think they can.

Sparkly

1. Is it alive? no

2. can you see it? it depends. i guess you can.

Can you see it, is another way of saying, “is it visible”.

3. Is it man made?

Sparkly

syag lchochma – yes.

Sparkly

can you see it? i think i didnt make it general enough the answer is yes you can see it.

4. Do people go in it?

Sparkly

yw moderator – yes.

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

5. Is it something that is usually used for fun/recreation?

Sparkly

lilmod ulelamaid – depends on the person for me i consider it fun for many others they may consider it boring, and not want to go.

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

Sparkly, I think what I was asking is: Is fun/recreation its main purpose?

For example, I may find zoos to be boring. but the purpose of a zoo is for people to go for recreation.

On the other hand, I might consider eating in a Sukkah to be fun, but that is not the purpose.

So according to that definition: Is it something whose primary purpose is recreation?

Sparkly

lilmod ulelamaid – no its not for recreation.

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

To sum up so far: 1. Is it visible? yes

2. is it alive? no

3.Is it man made? yes

4.Do people go in it? yes.

5.Is it for recreation? no.

QUESTION 6: Is it a type of building?

Sparkly

lilmod ulelamaid – yes

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

Is it school?

Sparkly

is it school? yes its college. i know i really thought about the worst one. too little creativity. thats what happens when your busy at school all day.

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

Sparkly, I think that was a really good idea! The only reason I got it is because you said that you think it’s fun but most people wouldn’t think so. I know enough about you by now to know that could only mean school…. otherwise, I don’t think I ever would have guessed! Or at least it would have taken a really long time!!

Sparkly

lilmod ulelamaid – when did i say i like school? besides for talking about it 24/7?

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

lilmod ulelamaid – when did i say i like school? besides for talking about it 24/7?

πŸ™‚ that would show that you like it, wouldn’t it?

I don’t remember your exact comments but you’re always talking about how important college is and about how you like learning, etc… maybe you didn’t say it straight out, but it definitely sounded like you like school!

Sparkly

lilmod ulelamaid – to be honest the reason why i like school so much is because theirs nothing better to do lol. but it is VERY important and it is enjoyable to learn and it is VERY important to go to college to get a degree to make money.

showjoe
    Participant

i think the way that we used to play is that whoever won thinks of the next thing.

so lilmod ulelamaid?

Sparkly

i think anyone can be the next person. lets give another person a chance. didnt lilmod ulelamaid go already?

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

I’m game to start again or to let someone else if someone else wants to.

showjoe
    Participant

fine.

im thinking of something

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

1. Is it something that has ever been alive?

Sparkly

2. Is it something that you can smell?

showjoe
    Participant

1. Is it something that has ever been alive? really hard to answer, but i think NO

2. Is it something that you can smell? NO

3. Is it man made?

showjoe
    Participant

1. Is it something that has ever been alive? really hard to answer, but i think NO

2. Is it something that you can smell? NO

3. Is it man made? hard question, but YES

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

4. Is it usually found outside?

5. can it fit in the trunk of a standard sized car? (I’m trying for an approximate size range, not an specific measure)

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 366 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.