$2975 for a wig?

Home Forums Decaffeinated Coffee $2975 for a wig?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    eclipse

Is that really the price of the cheapest Shevy?

That’s CRAZY.

☕ DaasYochid ☕
    Participant

Better off buying a Chevy for that money.

eclipse

Haha… I was waiting for that:)

WIY

I can’t think of anything nice to say.

eclipse

Anyone know who sells Shevys FOR LESS?

LevAryeh

Bamidbar 21:1

??????????? ???????????? ?????? ????? ????? ???????? ???? ???? ?????????? ??????? ?????????? ??????????? ????????????? ??????????? ????????? ??????

popa_bar_abba
    Participant

There are much cheaper sheitels.

🐵 ⌨ Gamanit
    Participant

eclipse- why does it have to be a Shevy? There are plenty of other companies that do a great job for less.

LevAryeh

There’s a Yaffa wig shop in Bnei Braq that apparently has a one-hour service. The sign outside says ??? ??? ???.

TheGoq
    Participant

Take it easy don’t wig out on us it is a hairy situation I know but look around you will find one that is right for u

farrockgrandma
    Participant

Yes, and more crazy than spending that amount on a coat. A coat keeps you warm and doesn’t require time and expense for maintenance. I remember a PTA tea when I first moved to this town. The other mothers were turned out like it was the most important place they had to go. (how sad for them!)

SaysMe

thats crazy indeed. It seems to me the same as buying clothing for the designer label

I love my Rebecca and it was much, much cheaper.

Bookworm120
    Participant

I’m just going to buy a costume wig. Who’s with me?

Binyamin2711
    Participant

if we were in the dor of the chofetz chaim wigs would be assur altogether as its a breach in snius as baba sali says one who wears a wig will burn together with her wig in gehinom. I would be hesitant after looking at this majot shitah.

eclipse

Thank you, everyone!!

eclipse

So which wigs are COMPARABLE in quality?

They are definitely NOT all created equal.

bh18
    Participant

First of all eclipse, Mazel Tov and upstairs people say Mazel Tov too. I bought a Fortune wig by Esther Tobias in Flatbush and I love it. Fortune wigs always have a variety of qualities and hair types/origins and of styles. They also have sales every couple of months and if you go to their website, you can sign up for email and/or text alerts to these sales. I also tried and disliked Shevy wigs and Aliza wigs and Milano wigs. I recommended Fortune wigs to a few friends and those who trust me, tried her wigs and love it. Hatzlocha

eclipse

bh18: who lives “upstairs”?

And thank you for the leads.

Do we know each other?

Shopping613 🌠
    Participant

That IS WAYYYYYYY too much!!!!!! I could buy an entire new wardrobe with that money!!!

bh18
    Participant

Yup, we know each other….I live downstairs from the family who hosts so many shabbos guests…their daughter and son-in-law and kids live by them..yup, we know each other.

chani91

why are you all surprised? havent you noticed yet that the last thing we can say about this world is that its CRAZY?

miritchka

That is a fortune! I’m actually looking for a new wig and priced out a few companies. European hair is more expensive than most other hair. I’m not in the position to spend so much right now so I’m looking into the cheaper line of Fortune wigs called Mazali wigs. Also Esther Aron wigs are supposed to be very good. She also has a cheaper line of mixed asian and european hair.

notasheep
    popa_bar_abba
    Participant

I don’t know which are comparable in quality, but you can have a very high quality sheitel in the 1000 range.

Torah613Torah
    Participant

Popa’s right, although I don’t know how he would know. I have a Bliss which is all European hair for around 1200.

Irenes are decent quality and as long as your hair color is brown are in the 500 range (You can buy from the manufacturer in Boro Park and get it cut and set separately for another few hundred, still much cheaper than a brand name sheitel.)

🐵 ⌨ Gamanit
    Participant

Torah- a cut and set is usually about $100, unless you go to a brand name

Torah613Torah
    Participant

You’re right Gamanit, I think it was 100 + first time consultation(since I got the raw hair and then brought it to the sheitel macher.

It definitely wasn’t more than 200.

eclipse

Wow, great advice!!

eclipse

bh18:Ohhhhh!!!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.