Forum Replies Created
Reading the comments here makes me wonder just how childish most people’s views on yiddishkeit are and how uninformed they are about what happens in the world of gedolei torah.
• There is no such thing as THE Godol Hador who gets appointed and overnight becomes the supreme authority.
• No one has authority to pass on a mantle of leadership just because they say so, whether in their will or while alive.
• Those suggesting that Rav Shmuel Auerbach shlita would be stepping into Rav Ahron Leib zt”l’s shoes clearly have no clue about the Peleg issue.
• It is pretty obvious, however, that Rav Gershon Edelstein shlita will to a great extent take over Rav Ahron Leib’s position in klal yisroel.
• Rav Boruch Mordechai Ezrachi shlita is a godol batorah, but he is not going to have Rav Shteinman’s authority or take over his role. Similarly, Rav Dovid Cohen shlita (who is relatively very young, not even being 70).
• Gadolhadorah suggested that one of the roles of a gadol was “administering mosdos”. Where did she get that idea from?
• Zahavasdad thinks that “Gadol Hador” requires being the final posek of the time. I don’t think either Rav Shteinman nor Rav Shach zt”l were considered that.
• 147 suggests Gadol Hador is a “5 way consortium”!
• Gaon – Rav Tzvi Pesach Frank zt”l was niftar in 1960 and the Tepliker Rov zt”l in 1948, well before the 1962 date that iac referred to. Among leading poskim in EY at the time were the Tchebiner Rov zt”l, , Rav Unterman zt”l, the Tzitz Eliezer zt”l, Rav Zolty zt”l. I’m not sure that Rav Shlomo Zalman zt”l and Rav Elyashiv zt”l were recognized at the time as the undisputed final arbiters of halacha.November 8, 2017 7:42 pm at 7:42 pm in reply to: My savings account and CDs are earning almost no interest, any solutions? #1399280
Their company is called GreyRock Capital Limited (as opposed to Grey Rock Capital Group, which is different).November 8, 2017 10:43 am at 10:43 am in reply to: My savings account and CDs are earning almost no interest, any solutions? #1398971
Because interest rates in banks etc are so low at the moment, some people have established entities to provide a better return without significantly increased risk. You won’t get double digit rates, but they do beat the banks by a long way.
For instance, some frum guys I know set up Grey Rock Capital (they have a website) which gets funds from people with money sitting around and uses those funds to provide collateralised loans. For instance, they make bridging loans on real estate at up to 70% loan to value, so they get security of 100 for a loan of 70.