Close this search box.

Staten Island: Husband & Wife Shot, Suspect Killed By NYPD – Misaskim On The Scene

Staten Island – Multiple people have been shot – least two fatally – in the Huguenot section of Staten Island, and Misaskim is on the scene.

Although details are still sketchy, sources tell YWN that the NYPD was dispatched to 115 Collyer Avenue to investigate a reports of a shooting. Upon their arrival they learned that a husband and wife were shot, and the suspect had barricaded himself inside the home.

The NY Times reported the following:

Paul J. Browne, the Police Department’s chief spokesman, said that based on preliminary information, someone called 911 to report a “push-in” robbery of a woman in her home, Mr. Browne said. During that encounter, the woman was shot in the abdomen, he said. She was later taken to the hospital; she is expected to live, he said.

Officers who responded to the call for help “observed that the assailant was still inside the apartment,” said Mr. Browne. Those officers radioed for backup from the Emergency Service Unit, he said.

The man was shot and killed in a confrontation with the responding Emergency Service Unit officers, Mr. Browne said. It was not immediately clear if the suspect knew the woman.

Investigators later said that they believed the assailant shot two people — the woman and her husband — and that they were his former employers, Mr. Browne said.

It is not clear what type of work the assailant did for the victims or when he stopped working for them, Mr. Browne said.

But, after the man pushed his way into their home, he shot his “former boss in the head and shot the boss’s wife when she tried to intervene,” Mr. Browne said.

The man and woman were taken to Staten Island University Hospital. The man was in critical condition, Mr. Browne said, and his wife was in stable condition.

Mr. Browne provided more details about what had precipitated the shooting.

He said that when the Emergency Service Unit officers entered the home, they searched for the assailant. They found him armed and standing in a closet.

“He initially pointed the gun at his head and then turned and pointed it at the Emergency Service Unit officers,” Mr. Browne said. “And he refused repeated commands to drop the gun.”

The man was then shot and killed by the police.

It was not immediately clear if more than one officer opened fire and how many bullets were discharged, Mr. Browne said.

(Source: NY Times / Yehuda Drudgestein – YWN / Photo by SILive)

6 Responses

  1. A disgruntled, ex-employee fatally shot his former boss and wounded the victim’s wife before responding cops gunned him down, capping a wild barricade scene in Staten Island this afternoon, authorities said.

    Semyon Levin, 52, died after he was shot in the head by Ilya Iglanov,49, while his wife, Marina Tartakovskaya, 45, was wounded in the stomach, during the shootout at 115 Collyer Ave. in Huguenot, according to cops.

    Both were taken to Staten Island University Hospital, where Tartakovskaya was listed in stable condition.

    The drama unfolded at 12:30 p.m. when Tartakovskaya let Iglanov, who had been recently fired from the couple’s business, into their home, police said. The couple developed military-grade flashlights.

    Iglanov pulled a .25-caliber semi-automatic pistol and shot them in their kitchen, law enforcement sources said.

    A wounded Tartakovskaya stumbled out a side door and out to the driveway where she ran into neighbors walking their dog.

    Suddenly, Iglanov came out of the house and approached the male dog walker and put a gun to the man’s head and pulled the trigger, officials said.

    But the gun jammed and Iglanov fled back inside the house.

    The first arriving officers found the armed lunatic cowering in a closet with a gun to his head, cops added. He pulled the trigger several times, but the pistol didn’t fire, officials said.

    Officers retreated and called for heavily-armed Emergency Service Unit cops to arrive.

    After hearing a single gun shot and the sound of gurgling, ESU cops went back into basement and found Iglanov — still alive and brandishing his weapon at officers, law enforcement sources said.

    When Iglanov didn’t obey orders to put down his gun, an officer fires seven times and killed him, cops said.

    It wasn’t immediately clear if Iglanov had wounded himself before the ESU officer squeezed off the fatal rounds, sources said.

    Police did not name the officer who whot Iglanov, but identified him as a 37-year-old 14-year veteran with no prior shootings.

Leave a Reply

Popular Posts