• A 10-year-old boy is in serious condition after being struck by a bus on Ben Ish Chai Street in Beit Shemesh. He was transported to the trauma center of Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital in Jerusalem.
• A 1-year-old died of a rare blood infection after being hospitalized in Ichilov Hospital in Tel Aviv.
• A senior Hamas official calls for taking additional Israeli prisoners towards gaining the release of imprisoned terrorists.
• The Central Election Committee announces the final results of elections for 21st election, bringing an end to speculation regarding parties entering Knesset and the number of mandates.
• A 1-year-old boy in Lod lost consciousness while with his caretaker. The family reports he choked while being fed soup with ground vegetables. He was transported to Assaf HaRofeh Hospital in Rishon L’Tzion where he was pronounced dead. Police are investigating.
• A PA resident inside Green Line Israel illegally, was treated at Rambam Hospital in Haifa. He was arrested in the hospital on Tuesday and returned as another patient on Wednesday. After treatment was completed, he was handed over to police and eventually sent back to the PA.
• Five persons in their 40s sustained non-life-threatening injuries when a pressure cooker exploded in an Eilat Hotel. MDA responded and treated them for shrapnel injuries.
— ynet עדכוני (@ynetalerts) April 17, 2019
• Polish diplomat Konstanty Rokicki, who provided fake passports to hundreds of Jews during the war in an effort to help them escape the Holocaust, has been named as Righteous Among the Nations by Yad Vashem
Polish diplomat Konstanty Rokicki, who provided fake passports to hundreds of Jews during the war in an effort to help them escape the Holocaust, has been named as Righteous Among the Nations by Israel’s @yadvashem https://t.co/BNoLdqj55r
— Notes from Poland 🇵🇱 (@notesfrompoland) April 17, 2019
• Two minors from the Shuafat refugee camp were taken into custody after throwing firebombs at the security post located there.
שני קטינים במחנה הפליטים שועפאט נעצרו לאחר שהשליכו בקבוקי תבערה לעבר עמדת ביטחון במקום
(צילום: דוברות המשטרה) pic.twitter.com/QfMpUuq2Ld
— החדשות 13 (@newsisrael13) April 17, 2019
• Special Assistant to US President Trump, David Greenblatt tweeted: Abhorrent! No clearer identification of a terrorist than one who threatens civilian events w violence. Hamas has failed to provide basic services to Gazans. The cont’d choice of violence by Hamas will continue to prevent Gazans from living a normal life.
(YWN Israel Desk – Jerusalem)