As the Winter progresses, the Vaad would like to provide the community with an update as to what we have, ב”ה, accomplished thus far.
Last month, the Vaadim of Romema, Sanhedria Murchevet and Unsdorf, held a joint meeting at the home of Rosh Yeshivas Mir, Harav Nosson Tzvi Finkel Shli”ta. Following the meeting, the Vaadim discussed methods of how to work together to ensure success in all of the areas populated by Bnei Torah. These cooperative efforts have furthered the achievements of our Vaad.
We would again like to remind you of the specific goals of the Vaad.
1. To prevent any further extreme rise in prices (i.e. a Market Cap).
2. To ensure that all rental agreements with new tenants are at a reasonable price.
3. To reduce, unjustifiably inflated prices for new tenants.
A crucial component of our campaign is your active lookout and participation. By continuing to alert our hotline of vacant apartments, proposed increases, and possible violations you will enable and further the success of the Vaad, bringing relief to the residents of our שכונה.
The Vaad will not force current tenants out of their apartments. Our objective is to enable you to continue living in the area at a fair price. Please let us know how we can help you.
The Vaad effort is one for the people by the people, and by working together we will bring stability to the local community.
For updated information, to hear current blacklists, or to find out how you can play a role in these efforts, please call the Hotline at (02) 537-4547.
ועד לעניני שכירות אונסדרף
What your Vaad has ב”ה accomplished to date!
• Over 50 new rental agreements have been regulated under the Vaad auspices in the past three months.
• Previous blacklists have proven successful in discouraging landlords from further hikes.
• 195 families are now official members of our strong and unified Renter’s Union.
• Since the Vaad’s inception, over $150,000 has been saved by local renters.
• Both Real Estate Agents and Baalei Dira now work hand in hand with the Vaad ensuring fair and reasonable rental agreements.
• The Vaad Computer Software, created exclusively by the Unsdorf Vaad, is now being used by three local Vaadim, in a joint and cooperative effort.
• Following the lead of the Unsdorf Vaad, similar Vaadim were established in the surrounding areas including Belz, Ezras Torah, Ramat Eshkol and Tel Arza. Our methods and systematic approach have served as an example to the local Vaadim.
Current Vaad Blacklist:
Sorotzkin 16 Apt. 4A
Sorotzkin 19 Apt. 8
Sorotzkin 43 Apt. 8
Sorotzkin 53 Apt. 4