Petira Of HaMekubal Hagon Rav Yisrael Eliyahu Weintraub ZATZAL

(Thursday, March 25th, 2010)

The news is spreading quickly in Eretz Yisrael on Thursday evening of the petira of HaMekubal Rav Yisrael Eliyahu Weintraub ZT”L, who was niftar in Bnei Brak’s Maynei HaYeshua Hospital.

The Rav was viewed as among the senior mekubalim of the last generation, known as a talmid muvhak of Maran HaGaon HaRav Eliezer Menachem Mann Shach ZT”L.

The Rav’s condition deteriorated recently and he underwent a difficult and complicated surgical procedure in Tel Hashomer Hospital after which he was transported to Maynei HaYeshua.

Ads By Artscroll:

The Levaya is scheduled to leave Bnei Brak’s Lederman Shul on erev shabbos at 10:00am.

(Yechiel Spira – YWN Israel)

Ads By Israel Book Shop:

7 Comments

1. Imanonov says:

OY. Boruch Dayan Ho’Emmes. What a loss for Klal Yisroel. Mee Yiten Temuroso.

2. amichai says:

baruch dayan emmes.

3. eric55 says:

He was the holy of holy and yet when you spoke with him, he made you feel so comfortable it was like you were shmoozing to an old buddy. i believe he also knew what you where thinking when speaking to him, i was once talking to him and i wasnt bringing up the thing on my mind that was really bothering me, out of the blue he asks me about it, he had no reason to know, it was something never brought up with him before

4. Yehuda Blank says:

BDE! We should only hear of Simcha’s.

5. Yehoshua Kehati says:

#3: Yasher koach. When my rav referred me (coming from the United States) for my first opportunity to speak with Rav Elya, my rav cautioned me I should not expect more than two minutes. They became twenty minutes of great advice!
    Once again, we have lost a pillar of Torah. Baruch dayan haemet.

6. passion4music says:

Baruch dayan haemet

7. Noach Ovuch says:

As someone who knew R’ Yisroel Elya Zatza”l, I would like to add a few words. Kind hearted, soft and gentle, he saw the world on a monchromatic level when it came to protecting torah values. This strength and self-perceived clarity allowed him to fight, Lema’an Hashem, even those individuals who approached him in confidance for guidance with personal problems in belief or behavior – if he understood with his remarkable Da’as torah that so was neccesary.
    I and many others, think back with hakoras hatov to him for allowing us to move on from our Yiddishkeit, and realize how Emuna Peshuta can be so strong that it leaves no space for doubt.