May 16, 2011 8:53 am at 8:53 am #596911
what is it that you like about the cr and/or why do you come here?
no, i don’t work for them, just curious. 😉May 16, 2011 2:06 pm at 2:06 pm #967671ZeesKiteParticipant
Getting people to think I’m intelligent! Or humorous. Or warm. (if they’d only know…)May 16, 2011 2:26 pm at 2:26 pm #967672
🙂May 16, 2011 2:30 pm at 2:30 pm #967673bptParticipant
Its more productive than YouTube / safer than Facebook (and just as addictive!)May 16, 2011 4:10 pm at 4:10 pm #967674I can only tryMember
There are several things:
2) Enjoying the poems, limericks and stories written by the many talented writers who share their output here.
4) The opportunity to help other posters with info I may have. Teaching other people new things.
5) The opportunity to get info I need from other posters.
7) Hearing points of view that differ from my own.
8) Learning new stuff about topics I never followed.
11) The many halacha posts and discussions that allow me to expand my knowledge and do a bit of learning while on this site. I will sometimes follow up something read here with my own research, so additional learning also gets done based on posts here.May 16, 2011 4:32 pm at 4:32 pm #967675HealthParticipant
That I don’t actually have to get up and go the Yeshiva’s/Shul’s
Coffee room to “shmooz”. I can be the ultimate “couch potato”!May 16, 2011 5:36 pm at 5:36 pm #967676
For me its the ability to be heard, to have a voice not many people pay attention to what i have to say in real life, and also to get positive feedback from posters who think that what i say may have some worth.May 16, 2011 6:04 pm at 6:04 pm #967677Pac-ManMember
For me it is the ability to influence.May 16, 2011 6:21 pm at 6:21 pm #967678adorableParticipant
GOQ- we love your posts here! I think its just something to do when you are bored and someone to talk to. Its very nice to hear from other people and their opinionsMay 16, 2011 8:09 pm at 8:09 pm #967679
ICOT – wow! what a great answer.May 16, 2011 8:14 pm at 8:14 pm #967680s2021Member
I like da subtitle drama 🙂May 16, 2011 8:16 pm at 8:16 pm #967681gavra_at_workParticipant
To learn about stuff in the general Frum community outside my Daled Amos.May 16, 2011 8:17 pm at 8:17 pm #967682
for me, i think it’s mainly 3 reasons:
1. just to hear adult conversation
2. similar to icot, i like talking and/or reading about lots of different things. usually, when i’m with one person, i can show 1 side of myself (ok, maybe 2), but here i can mention Hitchiker’s guide on one thread, figure out how to be a psychopath (or was it sociopath) on another thread, learn how to make ? on another, LOL at times, and argue philosophically on another thread.
3. there was a (cough, cough, read in whispers, sh…) tv show which took place in a bar: it’s theme song was, “sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name and they’re always glad you came….”
i think for me that is mostly what i think about the CR – a place where everyone can just be, and even if we’re different, we can still enjoy talking to and hearing from each other.May 16, 2011 8:18 pm at 8:18 pm #967683
s2021 – me too, and i love when the mods get involved with their messages coming from nowhere land.May 16, 2011 8:20 pm at 8:20 pm #967684Y.W. EditorKeymaster
***MESSAGE FROM NOWHERE LAND***May 16, 2011 8:22 pm at 8:22 pm #967685
LOL!!!!!May 16, 2011 8:27 pm at 8:27 pm #967686YW Moderator-80Member
i like the pay, the paid vacations, the ferrari, and all the other perks.May 16, 2011 8:30 pm at 8:30 pm #967687
wow! 2 mod responses in 1 thread!!!
mod 80 – do you also get free coffee?May 16, 2011 8:36 pm at 8:36 pm #967688YW Moderator-80Member
all i can drink
and so many exotic types from different countries
the best part is that, since losing a certain bet, the YW Editor serves it to me, on demand. and no one else can brew a better cup.
thats how he got the editor job.May 16, 2011 8:39 pm at 8:39 pm #967689BSDMember
Mod-Any job openings? I’ll settle for a beamer.May 16, 2011 8:54 pm at 8:54 pm #967690bptParticipant
No doubt, the best part of being a Mod / Editor is being able to see the members for who they REALLY are, and laughing at the “persona” we present when visiting the CR.
That, and sitting next to us in shul / the bus and seeing us pretend that we’ve never heard of the CR.May 16, 2011 9:00 pm at 9:00 pm #967691ZeesKiteParticipant
bpt: I don’t believe it. They know us in person? How frightening! I’d NEVER have created my sillinesses. MODS – If any of you know me, beep twice!May 16, 2011 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm #967692tomim tihyeMember
I come for humor and adult conversation when my husband is not home to provide it.May 17, 2011 12:16 am at 12:16 am #967693
ty adorable i’m interested in what u have to say tooMay 17, 2011 12:37 am at 12:37 am #967694canineMember
tomim: I don’t know the appropriateness of having adult conversation with someone other than your husband.May 17, 2011 12:52 am at 12:52 am #967695Ayala11Participant
binahyeseira: i totally agree with your third reason!May 17, 2011 7:19 am at 7:19 am #967697
thanks Ayala – though i seem to have missed your troll thread.
bpt: very funny, but true. that’s why i hired a private investigator before joining the cr to make sure the mods don’t live anywhere near me.May 17, 2011 1:45 pm at 1:45 pm #967698tomim tihyeMember
canine: It’s ok, I didn’t ask you. Though I’m impressed with your saying IDK; it shows humility.May 17, 2011 3:39 pm at 3:39 pm #967699adorableParticipant
I come here to laugh! That is the truth! And if the mods know me they should tell me fast so i can run away from here now!~May 18, 2011 7:16 am at 7:16 am #967700
tomim: I don’t know the appropriateness of having adult conversation with someone other than your husband.
so which is it? you think we’re not adults? or you think this is not conversation? ?July 25, 2013 8:15 pm at 8:15 pm #967701iBump 2.0Participant
what are the reasons of todays members?
🙂 Bump 🙂July 25, 2013 9:17 pm at 9:17 pm #967702jewishfeminist02Member
For the intellectual stimulation.July 25, 2013 9:39 pm at 9:39 pm #967703
What i like about the cr is ibump 2.0 bumping cool old threads, thank you.July 25, 2013 11:20 pm at 11:20 pm #967704iBump 2.0Participant
brings back memories, dosnt it?
shticky guy, zeeskite, coffee addict…
🙂 Bump 🙂July 26, 2013 12:33 am at 12:33 am #967705Torah613TorahParticipant
The funny questions people come up with.
Interacting with frum people.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.