Heavy rain with strong winds are possible Wednesday afternoon into Thursday.
Showers will begin by midday Wednesday and the rain will intensify as the day goes on, with the heaviest downpours expected in the late afternoon and evening.
There could be 1 – 3 inches of rainfall, with street and stream flooding likely.
- Rain will begin approximately at noon on Wednesday.
- The heaviest period of rain is expected between 3:00 PM Wednesday and 12:00 AM Thursday.
- Thunderstorms are possible during the heaviest period of rain.
- Winds will gradually increase:
- Wednesday afternoon: sustained winds 15 to 20 MPH, with gusts as high as 30 MPH.
- Wednesday night into Thursday: sustained winds 15-25 MPH, with gusts as high as 40 MPH.
- Rainfall accumulation is forecast between 2.0 to 2.5 inches.
- Rain will taper off in the early hours on Thursday morning. A lingering shower is possible.
- Rainfall rates of an inch per hour for more than one hour is possible.
Here is the 7-day forecast for the Tri-State area:
*****SIGN UP NOW —- GET YOUR NEWS IN RECORD TIME***** Make sure you are one of the more than 22,000 that signed up to YWN WhatsApp Status to receive news in live time. Click this link – or send a message to 1-888-4-YW-NEWS (888-499-6397) – to see our status posts*****
AccuWeather Alert for drenching rain with a high of 69.
Gusty and cooler with a high of 58.
Breezy beauty with a high of 62.
Classic October with a high of 64.
Sunny with a high of 70.
Possible showers with a high of 71.
Breezy and clearing with a high of 70.
(YWN World Headquarters – NYC)