Nazi Concentration Camp Guard, 95, Charged In Germany

5

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

A 95-year-old former Nazi concentration camp guard has been charged with war crimes during the Holocaust in what could be one of the last cases of its kind, a German court said on Monday.

The former guard at the Stutthof Nazi camp near what was then Danzig, now Gdansk in Poland, was charged with complicity in the murder of several hundred people, a spokesman for the district court in Wuppertal told AFP.

The ability of the accused to stand trial must now be assessed by experts.

Because he was 19 years old when assigned to work as a guard at the Stutthof camp, the case would be handled by a juvenile court.

The man would be the latest former Nazi camp guard to face trial since a landmark 2011 ruling against John Demjanjuk, a former guard at the Sobibor death camp.

A court ruled that as a guard at the camp, Ukrainian-American Demjanjuk was automatically implicated in killings carried out there at the time.

Since then, Germany has been racing to put surviving SS personnel on trial on those grounds rather than for murders or atrocities directly linked to the accused individuals.

In the latest such case, German prosecutors last week demanded three years in jail for Bruno Dey, a 93-year-old former Stutthof guard who they said was “without a doubt” complicit in the murder of more than 5,000 people.

(AP)


5 COMMENTS

  1. We the Jewish people must demand from the authorities in Europe, to send that low life Nazi animal, poor excuse and a desecration to humanity to Israel.

    Once in Israel, that Nazi, Yimach shmo and zecher amalek should be poured gasoline upon by the general public be lit by a match and burned to death and his ashes should be poured into a toilet bowl.

    His age don’t matter

    JEWISH LIFE MATTERS

  2. I would never defend a Nazi but having read more about this particular case it could be that he has a Tainoh of Ones that only Hashem can judge.

    He was drafted against his will into the German army and then sent to be a guard in the concentration camp because he wasn’t capable of being a soldier. He claims that he never hurt anyone while there, all he did was stand on a watchtower. He also claims he was traumatized for life by the forced experience.

    If what he is saying is true then only Hashem can judge what he could have done. Obviously he SHOULD have asked for a transfer. Question is if he realized he had that option.

  3. Mr Smerel Greetings to you Sir
    I would like to ask of you if you the following question if you don’t mind:
    Every time a Nazi is caught and I mean every time they are caught, they say “its all heresy , there is no proof I never killed anyone, if you remember in 1986 a Demjanjuk  was extradited to Israel for Jews he killed in Treblinka, everyone was shocked and I mean SHOCKED that a top Israeli Ashkenazi lawyer came to his defense, this Demjanjuk guy was saying he is so innocent he never killed any one and mind you there were old Jews in the court saying they know he is the one that was actually involved in the murdering of Jews, his lawyer was a top lawyer and ended up getting him exonerated
    Guess what he flew back to Germany, the German government wasn’t even convinced that he was innocent and in the year 2011  A German court convicted John Demjanjuk on Thursday for his role in the killing of 28,000 Jews in the Sobibor Nazi death camp, then set the 91-year-old free because of his age.

    So what do we do here ? Are we to believe this 95 year old man for saying he’s as innocent and never hurt anyone ?