A midnight blaze left at least four Frum families – and approximately 5 others – homeless in Forest Hills, Queens last night. According to Yeshivaworld reporter YW-03 who was on the scene, the fire department arrived at 68-64 Yellowstone Blvd near 68th Drive (“The Andrew Jackson”) at approximately 12:00 midnight – and found heavy fire on the 4th, 5th, and 6th floors of the 7 story 500 x 200 apartment building.
A second alarm response was quickly called – with a third alarm response following shortly after. Due to the quick work of the FDNY, the fire was brought under control at 1:00AM the.
The building has suffered extensive damage, but Boruch Hashem everyone made it out safely from the building – and no injuries were reported.
A source tells Yeshivaworld that the fire marshal investigation has been completed and it has been determined that the fire started from an incense candle.
(YW-03 / Lipas)