BASIC EVENT INFORMATION
- This Sunday, March 9 / 7 Adar Sheni.
- Lower Manhattan – Water Street between Broad Street and Peck Slip (near the Brooklyn Bridge).
- Separate Areas for Men and Women:
- o Men: Water Street between Broad Street and Fulton Street.
- o Women: Water Street between Fulton Street and Peck Slip.
- Atzeres begins at 2:00 p.m., estimated duration 90 minutes.
- The Atzeres will consist of Mincha, Tehillim and tefillos b’Tzibbur, ending with Ol Malchus Shomayim, led by Gedolei Yisroel.
- Participants are advised to bring a Siddur/Tehillim.
- All participants are asked to cooperate fully with the New York Police Department (NYPD), which will have a strong presence including counter terrorism and plainclothes officers.
- Volunteer marshals will help direct the flow of participants and provide information as necessary. Marshals will be easily identifiable by their bright orange vests.
- For security reasons, please do not bring backpacks or briefcases.
- To maintain the dignity and decorum of the event, please do not bring any signs or banners.
TRANSPORTATION and ACCESS
- Please expect extensive street closures throughout the Lower Manhattan area.
- Participants are strongly urged to use Mass Transit. Please check local stations as various ongoing repair projects may result in diversions. (There may not be any Q service on Sunday in Flatbush and Sheepshead Bay – please use crosstown buses to the F train on McDonald Avenue.)
- The MTA will provide extra trains as needed.
- Please make sure that your metro card has enough funds for the return fare to avoid bottlenecks after the end of the Atzeres.
- For those who must come by car, we strongly suggest parking either in Staten Island and taking a free ferry to Battery Park which is one block from the Atzeres, or parking in Downtown Brooklyn or Midtown Manhattan and taking a train to the Atzeres site.
- For those arriving by chartered bus, please note that all buses must approach via the West Side of Manhattan. Police will direct the buses to parking areas. Please remain on the bus until it is parked to facilitate finding the right bus home (as there will be many buses lining the streets).
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Careful thought should be given regarding the advisability of elderly or handicapped individuals attending in view of street closures, weather conditions, the expected large crowd and the lack of accessible accommodations.
- Although the weather forecast is for milder temperatures than have prevailed in recent weeks, please dress warmly.
- Restroom facilities will be available at various points throughout the area.
- Further information and updates will be available at www.atzerestefillah.org or by calling 212-444-1323.