There are many disappointed children in Yerushalayim and elsewhere this morning, Tuesday, 16 Shevat, as the snowstorm which they hoped would give them a day off from school did not materialize in most areas.
The Jerusalem Municipality, Binyamin Regional Council and Gush Etzion Regional Council early this morning announced schools would operate on a regular schedule. In the Gush parents are advised to permit their children to use the school buses and avoid transporting them in private cars.
It is reported that snowfall is still expected during the day Tuesday, in Jerusalem, Gush Etzion and other areas, but it is not expected to stick.
Israel Police shortly after 6:00 AM announced that Route 90 to and from the Dead Sea hotels region remains closed due to flooding. Route 234 /Tzeilim Bridge remain closed as well.
• Persons may call the 110 hotline for real time updates on road conditions.
• The Gush Etzion snow hotline number for information is 02-996-9111.
• Officials in the Tel Tzion community in the Binyamin Regional Council also report schools operating on regular schedule.
• In Tzfat, snow did accumulate somewhat and schools will open at 10:00am.
• A number of schools have closed in the Galil and Golan Heights due to snow accumulations.
• There are school closures in Meron as well.
(YWN – Israel Desk, Jerusalem)