PHOTOS: Har Nof: Fire Investigators Blame Early AM Blaze On Cellphone Charger




Fire investigators probing the blaze on Agassi Street in the Har Nof area of Yerushalayim during the predawn hours on Wednesday, 17 Iyar, report the blaze was started by a cellphone charger.

According to fire investigator Shmuel Turgeman, the fire that injured parents and their two adult children was started by a faulty cellular telephone charger that was left charging during the night in the family’s living room.

Jerusalem Fire Service officials remind the public to refrain from charging computers, cellular telephones and batteries near flammable objects including a sofa, bedding, clothing and the like. In addition, one is urged not to leave items charging when one goes to sleep.

In the AM blaze the mother and her children, ages 17 and 20, were transported to Shaare Zedek Hospital in Yerushalayim where they were listed in light condition from smoke inhalation. The father, who is about 60, was listed in moderate condition, medically sedated and on assisted ventilations.

As the photos show, damage to the apartment is extensive.

d66e73c7-884a-4259-9346-02f7f0482ea9 7f163630-0735-438e-b414-a46a228fdab1 1dab853d-2e0b-4d8a-9420-1f73a81bcf26

(YWN – Israel Desk, Jerusalem)