A five-year-old boy from a prominent Chabad family sustained serious burns over his entire body R”L as a result of a blaze in Kiryat Malachi. The fire occurred on Tuesday night on Ben-Gurion Street in the Nachlas Har Chabad neighborhood. It appears that a lit candle toppled over and started the fire while the child was asleep. The candle was lit to permit the child to learn COL reports, explaining the child did not wish to awaken his brother who was asleep.
The blaze took place in the home of Shmulik Gelfrin. His 5-year-old son was seriously injured. Paramedics reported he was burned over 50% of his body.
Eliezer was rushed to the nearby Magen David Adom station with second and third degree burns. He received preliminary advanced life-support care and was transported to the hospital.
Eliezer Lipman ben Devorah Leah remains in very serious condition in an intensive care unit in Tel Hashomer Hospital and the tzibur is urged to include him in tefilos. The family adds his perek tehillim is 6.
(Yechiel Spira – YWN Israel)