This letter may seem negative but if we don’t discuss this now then when?
First a fact about the El Al drama this past Friday: The El Al captain blatantly lied to the entire flight. At 11:40, it was clear that if the flight departed then then plane would be landing in Tel Aviv close to – or on Shabbos. Many Frum passengers began demanding to be let off the flight. In order to get them to sit down the pilot announced that the plane would return to the gate. Instead of doing this, he instead taxied to the runway and took off. This has been documented in many letters and posts popping up all over the Internet.
1. El Al should stop lying. Somehow they always manage to get away with it.
2. El Al should take responsibility for the things they do wrong. Somehow it’s never their fault.
3. Literally spreading the fake news about Chareidim getting Physical because of Shabbos, and Filing False Police Reports in Israel is Disgusting SHAME ON YOU! People are not stupid and even more so the so-called “charedim” (Jew’s who keep Shabbos), not taking the blame is one thing but to wrongly change the story and blame the charedim as a scapegoat is unacceptable. SHAME ON YOU!
(Fyi; a reporter from an Israeli newspaper called “Yisrael Hayom”, was on the flight and said, that the only physical encounter he saw on the flight was actually of a steward who tried to physically hit his camera out of his hand. “Once he found out that I was a reporter, he begged for mercy, so, for now, I won’t publicize the video, said the reporter)
4. Do not Take credit for the amazing work Chabad has done. Just because they are nice enough to help any Jew at any given time, it totally does not excuse you for lying to the Us that we will make it to Israel on time, aside for the other dozen lies you knowledgeably said.
5. Compensation by EL Al is non-existing. Most people who fly with El Al and for whatever the story may be Deserve a compensation from the airline, Leave it up to the Israelis to flip story on you and somehow you owe them. Amazing!
6. Hey, remember?
An El Al flight from New York to Tel Aviv finally landed at Ben Gurion Airport Monday morning, nearly 27 hours after its scheduled departure from JFK Airport, following an emergency landing and 15-hour stay on a tarmac in Goose Bay, Canada?
7. We clearly already know from that story that besides for security you have nothing to offer, and try to blame bad weather for why your stewards were late, it does not buy you a pass to lie.
Since El Al is so perfect, they have exactly enough planes for their daily flights.
Wait, so if something happens?…..
It means you can be stuck in Canada for 15 hours. WAIT WAIT and of course it’s not El Al’s fault, “it’s the planes and the Charedim”.
G-D forbid El Al will take a loss by renting a temporary plane or booking people on other flights, that will fall under the category of “compensation” and as far as El Al goes it does not exist.
8. Aside for American Airlines that fly for El Al on Shabbos they have no “Mutual Aid” for cases like this. All for your same greedy reasons. Since they desperately needed the plane in Israel on Sunday if they were to have mutual aid they could have dropped off the passengers who preferred not to fly and book them elsewhere.
9. No, Don’t be fooled El Al couldn’t care less about you. Remember this story in 2017?
10. January 2007 – YWN Report on the Chareidi ban on El Al after Chillul Shabbos?
At a special meeting held on Monday at Yeshivas Mesivta Rabbi Chaim Berlin in Brooklyn, members of the Moetzes Gedolei HaTorah of Agudath Israel of America signed on to a declaration by Gedolei Yisroel in Eretz Yisroel regarding a p’sak prohibiting flying on El Al.
Participating in the Brooklyn meeting were R’ Yaakov Perlow Shlita (the Novominsker Rebbe and Rosh Agudas Yisroel), R’ Aharon Schechter Shlita (Rosh Yeshivas Chaim Berlin), R’ Avrohom Chaim Levin Shlita (Rosh Yeshivas Telshe Chicago), R’ Shmuel Kamenetsky Shlita (Rosh Yeshivas Philadelphia) R’ Aharon Feldman Shlita (Rosh Yeshivas Ner Yisroel) and R’ Simcha Bunim Ehrenfeld Shlita (the Mattesdorfer Rebbe).
To conclude: Unfortunately the only language El Al’s seems to speak is the Hard way. I really hope that one day these people will learn their lesson “A’aD Mossay”.
Enough is enough!
I couldn’t believe when I read on dansdeals how El Al is getting away without compensating the passengers on the Goose Bay Drama, so this time I won’t be shocked if they get away with it, But I definitely Hope they don’t.
From Dans Deals:
Reader Question: Does El Al Owe Compensation For The Flight 8 Diversion?
El Al Responds: No, We Do Not
Update: El Al has told customers that they will not be paying out the mandatory Israeli delayed flight compensation for Flight 8 as the flight left on time and was diverted due to uncontrollable circumstances.
Of course, that’s highly debatable as seen below and in the comments. However Israel doesn’t have the equivalent of a DoT that enforces actions against airlines, so seemingly the only other option would be through the legal system.
El Al says that they will pay for out of pocket expenses. I’d assume that includes roaming charges, missed hotel reservations, etc.
YD – New York
LISTEN TO IT: EL AL PILOT SAYS “WE APPRECIATE IF WE CAN (HAVE CLEARANCE) TO DEPART AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, OTHERWISE THE PASSENGERS ARE GOING TO CONTINUE MAKING PROBLEMS (DEMANDING TO BE LET OFF THE PLANE INSTEAD OF POSSIBLE CHILLUL SHABBOS”
NOTE: The views expressed here are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of YWN.
DO YOU HAVE AN OPINION YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE POSTED ON YWN? SEND IT TO US FOR REVIEW.
(YWN World Headquarters – NYC)