Speaking at an event marking the 40th anniversary of the Shomron Regional Council held on Wednesday, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu addressed US President Donald Trump’s Plan of the Century, his peace initiative between Israel and the PA (Palestinian Authority). Mr. Netanyahu made an open-ended commitment that he will not permit uprooting any yishuv from Eretz Yisrael in any plan.
Mr. Netanyahu explained Israel’s main principles include:
• “This is our homeland and our land.
• We will continue to develop and build it.
• In any political plan, I will not allow the uprooting of any settlers or settlement.
• The IDF and the security forces will continue to control the entire area west of the Jordan Valley.
• I am currently working internationally to have these principles recognized”.
Some 6000 participants gathered at the event, which was held in the Amphitheater in Yishuv Revavah. Among the other guests were the head of the regional council, Yossi Dagan, 35 cabinet ministers and MKs from six parties, including Likud, URWP, Blue and White, Shas and Degel Hatorah.
Near the end of the event, Dagan stated, “while we have a good prime minister, this is not sufficient” and he called on the right-wing parties to unite to ensure there is a majority in the camp to form a coalition government following elections, as current polls show that neither the right or left has a sufficient number of seats to form a coalition government.
(YWN Israel Desk – Jerusalem)