Toddler Who Chocked on a Banana Dies in Rambam Hospital

1

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

The 18-month-old toddler, who was reported in critical condition for a number of days, the result of choking on a banana in the early part of the week, was niftar in Haifa’s Rambam Medical Center on Wednesday.

The child was a resident of Moshav Habanim, and choked by being fed a banana in daycare in Moshav Geva Carmel.

EMS responders found the child in cardiac arrest, beginning CPR.

On Sunday, an 18-month-old child died in Ichilov Hospital from having choked on a Bissli snack a week earlier.

Another child was taken to Rambam in serious condition two months ago, a victim of choking from an apple.

Pediatricians continue to stress that certain foods should not be given to infants and toddlers and others, such as bananas and hot dogs, should be cut lengthwise, not widthwise.

(Yechiel Spira – YWN Israel)


1 COMMENT