(VIDEO IN EXTENDED ARTICLE)
A Sharon district Israel Police spokesman reported on Monday, 24 Cheshvan, that a major operation took place in the so-called ‘Triangle’, the Israeli Arab municipalities in northern Israel. Police were instructed to look out for illegal weapons, drugs and illegals hiding out in those areas. The operation took place in the past 24 hours and police uncovered:
- 66 illegals hiding in Israeli Arab municipalities. [20 were taken into custody and brought to court to be arraigned].
- 3 persons who regularly provide transportation for illegals.
- 4 guns and 8 suspects [who were taken to court for arraignment].
- Two Kalansua residents arrested for involvement in armed robbery.
- 25-year-old Taibeh resident arrested after search in home revealed bricks of what appeared to be hashish.
- Two Tira residents, 20, were arrested with illegal possession of weapons.
- Two other Tira residents arrested for having a stolen handgun.
In addition, 224 traffic summonses were recorded, 11 vehicles were removed from the road, seven on-site hearings were carried out, of which 6 drivers were has their license suspended on location.
(YWN – Israel Desk, Jerusalem)