3 Boys in Japan

Home Forums In The News 3 Boys in Japan

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 234 total)
  • Author
    moish01

jphone, nah, but his daughters were provided for by the general gmach, no? (that is, if it was tzlofchad)

Joseph
    Participant

E-Mail sent out today by the Chofetz Chaim Heritage Foundation:

Three young bochorim, on a promise of a free trip to daven in Lejensk, delivered a package to Japan – NOT KNOWING that a seemingly frum man would put their lives in danger by making them the transporters of illegal merchandise. And were caught and imprisoned.

Japan punishes their prisoners in a most harsh manner.

The boys sit in separate, tiny cells, with no beds, no sunlight, no human interaction, no connection to the world for a day, another day of solitude, another 24 hours of loneliness, on and on and on…

It’s been 11 MONTHS with no end in sight.

Yoel Zev ben Mirel Rissa Chava

Yaakov Yosef ben Raizel

Yosef ben Itta Rivka

NEED OUR TEFILLOS!!

Don’t forget them!

Don’t forget about Yossi, the youngest, who was not even eighteen when he arrived in Japan. Alone in his cell, without nary a chair, without enough room to stretch his legs, the thin blanket to sleep on taken away every morning. Yossi, who looks forward desperately to his haircut every 2 weeks so he can see another human being, whose skin is shriveling, whom those involved declare that it’s a miracle that he is still sane, who hasn’t seen his family in half a year. Yossi, who doesn’t know if he has any hope for a future…

It is up to us, to Klal Yisrael’s tefillos, to save them!

NOW is the time to start being more careful in Shmiras Halashon as a Zchus for our suffering brothers.

And don’t forget to keep davening for their yeshua every day!!!!!!

YW Moderator-72
    Participant

join the YW worldwide daily recitation of Sefer Tehillim

Sefer Tehillim Worldwide Daily

as a zchus for these three boys

cherrybim
    Participant

Oh, before I forget, for all you provocateurs and prevaricators out there who like to name drop G’dolim as proof to your false pronouncements:

believer
    Participant

the youngest boys trial was March 25.

and hes getting his verdict on May 1st.

So we have to daven before it gets late!!

The other 2 are starting in a few weeks.

kapusta
    Participant

whats the name of the youngest boy? 🙂

aussieboy
    Participant

How old are these boys?

anonymisss
    Participant

I think the youngest one is seventeen, your age.

~a~

aussieboy
    Participant

how old are the others?

kapusta
    Participant

the youngest one was 17, by now hes probably 18. I think, the other ones were around 20 when it happened, but dont quote me on it. 🙂

anonymisss
    Participant

Not much older, but I don’t know exactly. Why are you asking?

~a~

aussieboy
    Participant

Not quite boys then.

Jax

aussie: yeshiva bochrim!!!

aussieboy
    Participant

anonymisss: I am asking because everyone makes them sound like little kids who didnt know what they are doing and are clueless about the world.

anonymisss
    Participant

Well, the guy who asked them to do this looked like one of them and being the innocent, trusting yeshiva bochrim that they are, they fell in. Hindsight is 20/20. We all say now, “What were they thinking?” But, we don’t know what happened or how it was presented to them. Who knows if we would’ve done differently had we been in their situation?

As far as being clueless about the world, they probably were.

~a~

aussieboy
    Participant

Jax: Drug dealers!

aussieboy
    Participant

anonymisss: If someone approached you and asked if you could deliver it they would be willing to pay for your flight, would you accept or be suspicious that something was fishy?

No 20 year old is cluless.

I am surprised it even got through because they usually ask on international flights if you got any packages from someone to be delivered and if you know what is in it.

Jax

aussie: take that back! i know you read most of this thread, or go back and read this thread!

aussieboy
    Participant

Jax: No I havent read it recently. Why should I take it back? They had drugs in thier possesion. Did they ever let enyone know who this man is that gave them the drugs?

kapusta
    Participant

aussie, they were told it was something (I forget right now, maybe antiques) and if it was caught, all they would have to do is pay a fine.

anonymisss
    Participant

aussie, me personally, I’m a scared-cat little girl. I run if a guy even dares look at me the wrong way.

They were very sheltered their whole lives, they really never knew from such things.

Leaving Israel, they’re much more lax about these things than when you leave America. I was in Israel twice in the past year, once they asked me and once they didn’t.

~a~

aussieboy
    Participant

anonymisss: If they were sheltered then they are probably also cautious. WHo says they were sheltered thier whole lives? They left from Israel? I thought they left from America.

Jax

aussie: for starters you calling them drug dealers without knowing the complete story is 100% lashon harah! we’ll never actually know the full story, but as jews can’t just put a label like that on someone without knowing the full story! from what i’ve heard, & believe is that they had one clue what they were given to take with them! there was one or 2 people that did get arrested for giving the drugs to the boys!

Jax

aussie: yeah left from israel to japan with the stuff! as kapusta said, they were told it was antiques they were givin!

aussieboy
    Participant

Jax: Great so dont daven for them to be freed. Daven that they get what they deserve and if they are innocent then they deserve to be freed, but if they are guilty they deserve to be in prison.

anonymisss
    Participant

aussie, I think that if they’re sheltered they would very likely assume that someone who looks like them is completely trustworthy and why not do a favor for another jew. They haven’t read/watched the likes of what you and I have.

~a~

aussieboy
    Participant

anonymisss: You dont know that they were sheltered. They deserve to have a fair trial not to be let off the hook because maybe they werent guilty. What if they are guilty? Do you want them back on the streets selling drugs? It may be your kid getting those drugs. How would you feel then?

Jax

aussie: how about just davening for them, without all the other stuff your saying! these people are still jews never the less!

kapusta
    Participant

aussie, even if they are guilty, (which I personally don’t think they are,) they are still jews and we must do everything within our power to have them freed.

*kapusta*

aussieboy
    Participant

Jax: Madoff was jewish too, but he stole billions of dollars and now he is going to prison for it.

aussieboy
    Participant

kapusta: Jews who sell drugs should be in prison, not out on the street selling drugs. Bieng jewish doesnt mean your innocent. Technically dinah dmalchusa dinah so they need to follow the law and im pretty sure that means the consenquences that come with breaking the law.

It may be your kid getting those drugs. How would you feel then?

Please answer the question. Would you want them free?

Jax

aussie: we can’t start playing g-d & make up our own cheshbonim!

anonymisss
    Participant

aussie, you’re 100% correct. If they are innocent, they should be freed and if they are not innocent, they should get what they deserve. (That reminds me, who said this quote: “Don’t worry about what you don’t have, just be happy you don’t get what you deserve?”) No, I wouldn’t want anyone selling drugs to my kid. The thing that people are worried about is that if they were innocently trying to do a favor for someone, that person should be punished, not them. The problem is that who knows if they will have a fair trial or if that person will be brought to justice? Besides which, just to argue, prison is not a halachically recognized form of punishment.

~a~

aussieboy
    Participant

Jax: Exactly why you should daven that they get what they deserve and not that they get thier freedom this way god will give them what they truly deserve.

kapusta
    Participant

aussie, I think that would be, jews who sell drugs, those jews would know about it. These boys did not know they were transporting drugs.

You have a point, so maybe I wouldn’t want them completely free. But, maybe something like house arrest is ok.

*kapusta*

aussieboy
    Participant

kapusta: You dont they that they didnt know. You can not believe what someone says about themselves. That is why they get a trial to determine if they are innocent or guilty which is exactly what they are getting.

aussie,

The point here is that they were couriers used to deliver the drugs from one dealer to the next. The argument is that the did not know they were carrying drugs.

Should a FedEx driver be arrested if the box he is delivering contains an illegal substance?

Granted it isn’t the same, but these boys were not on the playgrounds selling narcotics. Drug Lords often recruit deliver people “or mules” to do the deliveries for them because:

1) Less likely to be flagged and:

2)The Drug Lords don’t care if these people get arrested.

Sometimes, they even give them a tiny amount, and then call the authorities in the arriving airport so that they get arrested (and the mule with the large load will go unnoticed).

Daven that these naive boys obtain their Yeshua immediately, and Never, EVER, take an unknown package from ANYONE

aussieboy
    Participant

Mod39: The question is did they really not know? We cant know that. They deserve a fair trial and that is what they are getting.

kapusta
    Participant

aussie, I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt. And why say they were guilty over innocent?

*kapusta*

Aussie, Don’t you dare compare an American trial, with a Japanese trial. Likewise don’t compare American sentences and jail with Japanese sentences and jail.

Its like comparing a house cat with a White Bengal Tiger

aussieboy
    Participant

kapusta: I am not saying either.

Mod39: I dont know. I have never witnessed a Japanese trial.

All I am saying is dont daven that they get freed. Daaven that they get what they deserve.

kapusta
    Participant

aussie, they didnt do anything willingly. Had they known they were carrying drugs, do you think they would’ve taken it?

One more point, Japan is known to be especially tough with drug cases.

*kapusta*

Mod39: I dont know. I have never witnessed a Japanese trial.

Do you often talk about things you have no clue about?

All I am saying is dont daven that they get freed. Daaven that they get what they deserve.

I’m davening that Hashem judges them with the Middas Chessed, rather than Middas HaDin. I’m also davening THAT THEY DESERVE HASHEM’S CHESSED

aussieboy
    Participant

Mod39:

Do you often talk about things you have no clue about?

Yes all the time in fact (and it is intresting to see how often the other person doesnt either have any idea what they are talking about and end up agreeing with you), but it has nothing to do with what i am saying.

Thats not the same as davening for thier freedom which is what everyone is saying to daven for. Everyone seems to think that they are for sure innocent, but you should realize there is the chance they are actually guilty.

aussieboy
    Participant

kapusta: Maybe they knew they were taking drugs and went willingly because they were drug dealers. I am not saying that this is for sure the case I am just saying it is a definite possibility.

kapusta
    Participant

aussie, I’m asking you a question that you asked me before (somewhat)

How would you like it if you were the father of an innocent boy and people kept on going against you? In Japan, there is very serious punishment for something like this.

One more question, why would they be interested in taking drugs to Japan where they probably don’t know too many people, or to lizhensk, where they were ultimately headed?

*kapusta*

aussieboy
    Participant

kapusta:

I wouldnt like it but that doesnt erase the fact that they could be guilty.

How should I know. Maybe they were selling to a drug dealer there.

Aussie, Why the need to vilify?

aussieboy
    Participant

MOd39: What does vilify mean?

kapusta
    Participant

aussie, I’m not trying to incriminate you, but the point is you dont know. And until we do know, we cant say they’re guilty.

(I apologize for sounding so strong!)

*kapusta*

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 234 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.