As YWN has reported, there are tragically 45 Niftarim from the Meron disaster. Many of the Niftarim have not yet been identified by authorities.
All Nifatrim were brought to The Abu Kabir Forensic Institute in Tel Aviv, where family members have gathered to assist authorities.
Israelis were encouraged not to publicize information about the victims on social media until the families receive official word on the fate of their relatives.
The following is the latest list as of 11:17AM ET:
- R’ Shragi Gestetner Z”L of Monsey. He is survived by his wife and 6 children.
- R’ Eliezer Tzvi Joseph Z”L from Kiryas Joel.
- Habachur Yosef Amram Tauber Z”L from Monsey. He was a talmid in Yeshivas Brisk.
- Habachur Menachem Knoblowitz Z”L (22) of Boro Park. He was a Chosson to a girl from Lakewood.
- R’ Eliezer Goldberg Z”L from Beitar Ilit.
- R’ Dovid Kraus Z”L (33) of Beit Shemesh. He is survived by his wife and nine children. He was a Toldos Aharon Chossid.
- R’ Yisrael Alnakvah Z”L (24) of Beit Shemesh. He is survived by his wife and two children.
- R’ Chanoch Solod Z”L (52) from Ashdod.
- R’ Simcha Bunim Diskind Z”L (23) from Beit Shemesh.
- Habachur Eliyahu Cohen Z”L (16) from Beitar Ilit, a talmid of Yeshivas Heichal Avraham in Beitar.
- Habachur Chaim Rock Z”L from Beit Shemesh, a talmid of Yeshivas Mir-Brachfeld.
- Habochur Moshe ben Shalom of Bnei Brak, a Talmid at Yeshivas Ponavezh.
- Habochur Yedidya Fogel, a Talmid at Yeshivas Hatziyonit Hadatit.
- R’ Menachem Asher Zeckbach Z”L (24) from Kiryat Sefer.
- R’ Yehuda Leib Rubin Z”L (27), from Beit Shemesh.
- R’ Yonoson Chevroni Z”L, of Givat Shmuel.
- Habachur Yosef Dovid Elhadad Z”L, Talmid Yeshiva Amalah Shel Torah, Yerushalayim.
- R’ Yehudah Leib Rubin Z”L Ramah 1ג.
- R’ Elazar Gefner Z”L.
- Habachur Nachman Kirshenbaum Z”L of Beit Shemesh.
- R’ Chaim Ozer Seler Z”L (24) of Nevei Yaakov, Yerushalayim.
- Habachur Moshe Levy Z”L (14) of Kiryat Herzog, Talmid of Talmud Torah Imrei Dovid.
- Habachur Dov Steinmetz Z”L Montreal, Canada, Talmid of Mir Yerushalayim.
- Habachur Yaakov Elchanan Strakovsky, z”l, 20 years odl, Yeshiva Be’er Yisrael.
- Habachur Yosef Mastorov Z”L (26) Talid Yeshiva Rinah Shel Torah, Carmiel.
- Habachur Nachman Doniel (“Donny”) Morris Z”L (19) Teaneck, N.J., Talmid of Yeshivat Sha’alvim.
- R’ Shimon Matlon Z”L (37), a Rebbe in Talmud Torah Chanichei Hayeshivos.
- R’ Eliezer Mordechai Goldberg Z”L (37), of Beitar Illit. He was a Rebbein Talmud Torah Aderes Eliyahu.
- R’ Shmuel Tzvi Kalgsbard Z”L (43) of Beitar. he was a Rosh Kollel in Rachmastrivka and a Magid Shiur in Yeshivas Meor Einayim.
- BROTHERS: Moshe Nosson Nota Englard Z”L (14) and his brother Yehoshua Englard Z”L (9), of Yerushalayim.
- BROTHERS: Moshe Mordechai Elchad-Sharf Z”L (12) and his brother Yosef Dovid Z”L (18). They live in Yerushalayim.
- Habochur Yosef Yehuda Levi Z”L (17) of Rechasim.
- Habochur Yishai Me’ulam Z”L (17).
- Habochur Avrohom Daniel Ambon Z”L (21) of Argentinia. Talmid Yeshivas Heichal Yitzchak.
- Habochur Elazar Yitzchak (“Azi”) Koltai Z”L (13). He lived in Yerushalayim, formerly of Passaic, NJ.
- R’ Ariel Tzadik Z”L (56) Lived in Beit Vegan, Yerushalayim.
- R’ Yosef Greenbaum Z”L (22). He lived in Haifa.
- Habochur Yedidyia Chiyuis Z”L.
- Habochur Yossi Kohen Z”L. (21) He was from Cleveland, and was a Talmid at Mir Yerushalayim.
- Habochur Elkanah Shila Z”L (28) of Yerushalayim.
- Tzadik Mordcha Yoel ben Avrum Yakovm Mordechai Fekete Z”L at the young age of 23. (the niftar leaves behind a wife and 2 children, an emergency Chesed Fund campaign was launched, click here to donate)
A Message From The Chesed Fund
We all watched, horrified, as the Meron Tragedy unfolded, and continued to unfold, an unparalleled disaster at a time of great joy.
As Yidden, we are always drawn to do something, anything, to help out in times of need, and yet all we could do is look on helplessly.
Although nothing we can do can bring back the lives that were lost, we may seek some consolation in knowing that we have at least assisted the families financially; removing one less worry from their minds and letting them know that klal yisroel stands together during this difficult time.
May we hear only good news, and may these moments serve as inspiration for unity and achdus for Klal Yisrael.
Founder, The Chesed Fund
(YWN World Headquarters – NYC)