Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will miss next week’s oral arguments, but her recovery from surgery remains “on track,” the Supreme Court said in a statement Friday.
“Justice Ginsburg will continue to work from home next week and will participate in the consideration and decision of the cases on the basis of the briefs and the transcripts of oral arguments. Her recovery from surgery is on track. Post-surgery evaluation indicates no evidence of remaining disease, and no further treatment is required,” Kathy Arberg, the Supreme Court public information officer, said in the statement.
The Supreme Court says Ginsburg’s recovery from cancer surgery is “on track” and no further treatment is required.
Court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg says that doctors for the 85-year-old Ginsburg confirmed an initial evaluation that found no evidence of remaining cancer following surgery.
The court’s oldest justice had surgery three weeks ago to remove cancerous growths on her left lung. She was released from the hospital in New York four days later and has been recuperating at home since then.
Ginsburg missed three days of arguments this week, the first time that’s happened since she joined the court in 1993.
She has had two previous bouts with cancer, in 1999 and 10 years later.
JUST IN: Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg will miss 2nd week of arguments as she continues to recover from cancer surgery – CNBC
— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) January 11, 2019