Upstate Law Enforcement Professionals Honored for Summer Season Community Partnership
In a spontaneous show of appreciation, community leaders gathered to recognize several upstate New York law enforcement agencies for their tireless efforts that keep summer vacationers and campers safe.
Addressing participants at the August 15th gathering, long time community leader and police chaplain Rabbi Abe Friedman cited the exemplary efforts put forth by members of law enforcement benefitting the tens of thousands individuals who call Sullivan, Ulster, Orange, Putnam and Albany counties home during the summer months.
“People often forget that hundreds of members of law enforcement spend endless hours planning, coordinating and executing protocols to ensure that things go smoothly for vacationers,” said Rabbi Friedman. “We stand in solidarity with these dedicated public servants and express our deepest gratitude to them.”
Honored at the event for their outstanding work, inter-agency effort and community collaboration were:
- Sullivan County Sheriff Mike Schiff and Undersheriff Eric Chaboty
- Ulster County Sheriff Juan Figueroa and Undersheriff Eric Benjamin
- Orange County Sheriff Carl DuBois and Undersheriff Kenneth Jones
- Albany county Sheriff Craig Apple
- Putnam County Sheriff Robert L. Langley, Jr. and Undersheriff Michael F. Corrigan
- South Fallsburg Police Chief Simmie Williams
- Town of Bethel Supervisor Daniel Sturm, Officer Doug Ketchum, Officer Chris McCarthy and Officer Darryl Yates
- Sullivan County District Attorney Jim Farrell
- Orange County District Attorney David M. Hoovler
Addressing those in attendance, Ulster County Sheriff Figueroa had high words of praise for his fellow members of law enforcement.
“They are consummate professionals who have deftly managed to guard jails, patrol roads and ensure the steady flow of traffic throughout the year, a particularly daunting task when more than 100,000 Brooklyn residents take up residence upstate during the summer months,” said Sheriff Figueroa.
(YWN World Headquarters – NYC)