As local law-enforcement are preparing for Hurricane Sandy, Misaskim is urging everyone to pay close attention to all announcements and heed all warnings in order to ensure the safety of all.
Misaskim will be activating its Emergency Operations Center tonight. The Emergency Operations Center is equipped to serve as a communications hub for emergency and law-enforcement organizations in case the storm wrecks community-wide damages. The Emergency Operation Center will run on generated power in the event of a power outage.
Misaskim’s School Safety Notification System is currently operating in Brooklyn South by disseminating information to families via school administrators and other school officials. The School Safety Notification System allows school administrators to quickly and effectively receive information from the Governor’s office, the Mayor’s office, the Office of Emergency Management and local law-enforcement personnel. Misaskim is also releasing school closing information through this system.
Sunday, October 28, 2012 – 6:30 p.m.: The following schools have confirmed that they will be closed on Monday.
– Bais Yaakov of Boro Park (46th Street)
– Bais Yaakov High School (15th Ave)
– Bnot Rochel High School
– Bnos Zion of Bobov (45th) all grades
– Bnos Yisroel Girls (Flatbush)
– Gesher Yehudah
– Haor Beacon
– Machon Bais Yakkov
– Ohel Torag all grades
– Sharei Hayosher (Ocean Parkway)
– United Lubavitch (Ocean Parkway)
– Yeshiva Darchei Torah (Far Rockway) all divisions
– Yeshiva of Flatbush
– Yeshiva Ketane is located in the RED ZONE A and will be relocating to Williamsburg Pupa Bais Hamedrash on Bedford Avenue
– Yeshiva Noverminsk – Grades 9-10 Monday
– Yeshiva Torah Vodaath (Yeshiva Ketanah and Mechinah)
Misaskim is being inundated with requests for generators for home-bound individuals on life support. The generators will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
Please stay tuned for more updates.
(YWN Desk – NYC)