Israeli aircraft attacked several Hamas terror targets early Wednesday in response to rocket fire.
The Israeli military said the targets of the multiple airstrikes in the southern Gaza Strip included a weapons manufacturing facility. There were no reports of injuries.
The airstrikes came shortly after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu threatened to “respond vigorously to any attack.”
“If someone in Gaza thinks that he can raise his head after Operation Black Belt, he is sorely mistaken,” Netanyahu said in a statement, referring to two days of intense fighting between Israeli forces and Palestinian militants two weeks ago that was the worst such cross-border conflict in months.
Late Tuesday, the Israeli military had said it identified two rockets fired from the Gaza Strip, with missile defenses intercepting one.
Two victims of the Ashkelon attack were treated in Barzilai Hospital, both with light injuries. One fell while running to a shelter and the second was treated for hysteria.
The rocket attacks were the second incident this week, and rattled the shaky cease-fire brokered by Egypt and the U.N. earlier this month that ended the latest round of fighting with Gaza terrorists.
Defense Minister Naftali Bennet recently announced that if rocket fire continues, the terrorists will not be permitted to sleep nights as retaliations will follow until the message is received, to stop any and all attacks.
(YWN Israel Desk – Jerusalem)