Another Baby Forgotten in a Vehicle, This Time in Yerushalayim


ichudPassersby on Thursday evening 11 Menachem Av 5773 at 18:10 saw a child inside a closed parked car on David Yellin Street in Jerusalem. A crowd gathered quickly as efforts began to get into the car, efforts that succeeded after a short period of time.

Baruch Hashem in this case, the toddler was still conscious when taken out and rescuers quickly gave him water as well as cooling him down with ambient temperature water. It was not known just how long the child was inside the car. Ichud Hatzalah was on the scene a short time later.

The crowd in the frum neighborhood near Geula held on to the child as they began searching for a parent.

(YWN – Israel Desk, Jerusalem)


    Get out the message and video about children in closed, hot cars. We need to do more. Those who are walking, look into closed cars and do what we can to help and save these children.

  2. Boruch Hashem!!!

    The best device or idea was invented by an 11 year old and can be made at home. Go to to learn more. (Spread the word)

    An 11-year-old boy has invented a device that could help prevent parents from accidentally leaving babies inside hot cars.

    Andrew Pelham calls his device the E-Z Baby Saver.

    He created it for a contest by the University of Akron that required kids to invent something made primarily of rubber bands. It’s a long cord, one end hooks onto the back of the driver’s seat, and the other end attaches to the driver’s side door. The driver can’t get out without remembering to look in the back seat.

    “I just hope that people can use my design in the real world, soon, because I just want to save one life, and then I can say my idea was successful,” said Pelham.

    Pelham has two young siblings still in car seats, and his family uses the E-Z Baby Saver all the time. His invention won the runner-up prize in the contest he entered.

  3. Other commentators may be shouting B’H and Thank G-D and all that, but truthfully that wasn’t the first word that came to my head after reading the article. I first thought how this particular time the child didn’t unfortunately die, but not enough was done. Certainly we are thankful to G-D the child survived but it was a scary and irresponsible scene. We need to set steps up to prevent this from ever happening. #4, that device sounds like a great start. #2, getting the message out is important.