Forum Replies Created
The orthodox community is a large one, and extends from the people like Rabbi Breuer’s disciples who allowed handshaking between men and women after davening all the way through to those who walk on different sides of the street. Lets not censor people. Much worse things are seen on the streets of Boro Park and Lakewood.
The story is true, but the person made a few mistakes.
1. It was with Reb Moishe Weinstein not Feinstein
2. He did not drink cholov stam, he had drank a cup of salad dressing that his daughter stored in a cholov stam bottle.
3. Nobody saw him throw it up because he went to the bathroom for that.
4. The story is written in a sefer which was unfortunately destroyed since the ksav yad was eaten by the mechaber’s pet racoon, but bederech ness many of the stories in that remarkable ksav yad have survived and been retold for many years, some say the racoon had a photographic memory since he was a gilgul of a great illuy and the racoon told over what he had digested.
5. What is certainly true is that a kid on Clifton and 3rd who had drank too many beers and vomited all over the sidewalk admitted that he had a cholov stam ice cream before the beer and that was why it looked such a light color, and when his mother was screaming at him he said that he had a lot of cholov stam ice cream and only one beer.
Reb Shmuely has also been honored with a front page article about his bid for tax exemption of his estate in yesterday’s bergen record. he would like to make a shtiebel in the caretaker’s house at the back of the grounds and then donate his house to his Our World foundation. very beautiful and part of his mission to publicize judaism to the world!
For our Oilam it is easy,??? ??? ? ????? ???? consider it to be like Shabbos a whole week, walk everywhere you need to go, always take stairs instead of elevators, don’t call for deliveries Shoin! You will lose weight very nicely. You want even better weight loss ??? ????????? ? ????? ??? eat on Shabbos as if it was a weekday, a little challoh, a half bowl of cholent instead of cereal, a little seltzer by the kiddush in shul, some fresh fruit for dessert. Presto… you can lose weight easily and efficiently. men can turbocharge this program by following the din to run to shul, and stick to a shul at least a half mile away. I am thinking of writing a book about this heimishe diet plan
I think the readers who always want less meetings before an engagement need to understand that their whole lifestyle etc. is very different. And the daas Torah brigade don’t think one needs meetings altogether, just ask a licensed registered “Gadol” BUT the Gedolim, and Rebbes know enough to insist that it has to remain an individual decision. Many breakups could be stopped with proper intervention.