Forum Replies Created
i think rav kook was right about everything
I’d rather not say, I am half regretting posting this as is. If you have any info on engineering job availability in the Lakewood area, let me know.
Also, I don’t know if the job market is as bad as you say. How do you know this? Also, the economy is America is bad and it’s not getting better.
Amazingly, no one has actually mentioned that according to the majority of opinions, it is actually a positive Torah commandment to live there.
Maybe I am missing something:
Tuition Resident Nonresident
Undergraduate $ 94.00 per hour $ 358.00 per hour
University of Wyoming-about $300, University of Phoenix-about $500, and Utah State University-about $600, for 3 credits.
Did you mean 300 per credit? Or did you mean for a resident? Am I missing something?
Online courses are charged special tuition only rates as follows:
1. Undergraduate online courses: $227 per credit
You said: Utah State University-about $600, for 3 credits.
This one is not totally off, I suppose.
TUITION(per credit*) $345 $530 * Most courses are 3 credits
Thinkforjustaminute, those numbers seem to be way off.
– LSU has correspondence courses that run about 250 per course. Be warned there is a good amount of work, but you can do it on your own pace, and take up to 9 months to complete a class:
– San Juan College has cheap online classes. This summer it was 70 a credit, I think they are raising it to 90 or so. I’m taking one class here and I am pretty happy with it:
– If you use instantcert (http://www.instantcert.com/), clep and dsst tests can be pretty do-able. They have a system of flashcards and forums that discuss what you need to know that really works. A few very easy tests are Analyzing and Interpreting Literature and the dsst computer test (can’t remember off the top of my head what it’s called). There are a few more that are also not bad. It’s also only 20 bucks a month.
– ALEKS is a great way to get credit for math, if Excelsior accepts it. I know Thomas Edison does. It teaches you how to do the math and gives assessments, and when you get 70% on an assessment you can submit it to ACE to get credit, then request a transcript when you are done. There are multiple levels of algebra – beginning, intermediate, college – and several statistics levels, and you can take them all if you can handle it. It’s only 20 a month and 40 for a transcript when you are done.
chops: the negative prophecies don’t have to come true. But if they do, they are supposed to be pretty bad.
I think the issue of whether sicknesses will be healed and shidduchim and so on is actually a machlokes in the gemara, which then is a machlokes rishonim how to poskin. I think the Rambam poskins that there is no difference between now and yemos hamashiach besides the beis hamikdash and no more shibud malchios. Other rishonim hold that the other opinion in the gemara is the ikkar, that yemos hamashiach will be miraculous. I don’t have the seforim in front of me at the moment, so feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.
Is it socially acceptable for a bachur that dated a girl and it didn’t work out to suggest her for a friend? I’m talking about more out-of town yeshiva circles, specifically with more shtark baalei tshuva/children of baalei tshuva people.