[VIDEO IN EXTENDED ARTICLE]
Councilman David G. Greenfield took to the floor of the City Council to condemn the anti-Semitic protest that took place in the Council Chamber today by Pro-Palestine activists.
Pro-Palestine activists sitting in the Council Chamber gallery waited 1 hour and 26 minutes to time their outbursts at exactly the same time that the Council was passing a resolution commemorating the liberation of the Auschwitz death camp where 1.1 million people were slaughtered. At the exact time that the Council was discussing the resolution, Pro-Palestine protesters unfurled a Palestinian flag and started cursing at the New York City Council.
Greenfield, the grand-child of Holocaust survivors, was understandably upset and took to the floor of the Council just a few minutes after security escorted the activists out to denounce the Anti-Semites who were upset “because Hitler did not finish the job.”
“He only wiped out half of my family and only by the grace of God is the other half – me – the grandchild still alive today,” Councilman Greenfield thundered on the Council floor. “I have never seen anything quite as disgusting as Pro-Palestine activists protesting the commemoration of 1.1 million deaths at Auschwitz,” said Councilman David Greenfield later. “90% of those killed were Jews, but the other 10% were dissidents, Jehovah Witnesses, Catholics and the developmentally disabled. The actions of these Pro-Palestine protesters were an insult to the memory of all those who were slaughtered by the Nazis in Auschwitz only a few decades ago.”
The full video of Greenfield’s impassioned speech on the New York City Council floor today is linked to the YouTube clip below:
(YWN Desk – NYC)
Bravo councilman greenfield. You hit the nail in the head 👏👏👏
Wow good for you Tsaddik…
Your the only one who is doing some thing for us.
What’s 1.1 million? Aushwitz killed 3 million.
He’s our representative! We voted to bring him into the government on our behalf! Good for him! Good for us!
Hey did you notice the look on the face of the woman sitting to his left! She seems spooked out!
#7 she isnt her name is Laurie Cumbo and she said Jews are taking over Crown Heights, google it.
Councilman David G. Greenfield has acted with dignity and courage in the face of unmitigated evil and noisome harassment. May Hashem give him the strength to continue his noble fight for all New Yorkers. Kol hakavode.
Great speech!!! What’s disappointing (though not surprising) was that not one person applauded his speech. He should have gotten a standing ovation!!!
But actions (or lack thereof) speak louder than words. It’s sad that we have gotten nowhere in this world as far as truly being accepted.
Greenfield you go. Thank you for speaking on behalf of Klal Yisroel
All JEWS must be aware that all ANTI-ISRAEL Talk is veiled anti-Semitic.