A 24-year-old talmid yeshiva is in serious condition Tuesday morning Rosh Chodesh Sivan 5775 after choking during a meal. The choking incident occurred in a cafeteria of a yeshiva on Reishis Chochma Street this morning. The victim was transported to Shaare Zedek Medical Center.
Ichud Hatzalah EMT Ariel Ben-David reports he was in the area when the call came in, arriving within 30 seconds. CPR was started while additional personnel arrived including Magen David Adom paramedics.
The paramedics began advanced life support and B”H the young man was transported after the return of a spontaneous pulse and respirations and he was listed in serious/stable condition. No name is available for tefilos at this time.
(YWN – Israel Desk, Jerusalem)