The tzibur in Nachlas Har Chabad in Kiryat Malachi and elsewhere are continuing tefilos on behalf of 5-year-old Eliezer Lipman ben Devorah Leah Gelfrin, who sustained second and third degree burns over much of his body in a blaze, as was reported by YWN-ISRAEL. The young boy remains in very serious condition in an intensive care unit at Sheba Medical Center at Tel Hashomer.
Eliezer is a cousin to Moishele Holtzberg, the survivor of the Mumbai terror attack, a grandson of the Rosenbergs, the parents of Rebitzen Rivki Holtzberg HY”D.
It appears that the cause of the fire was a burning candle as reported earlier. Eliezer’s mom was home and she heard his screams, but due to the flames and heavy smoke conditions, she was unable to pull him out of the room. His father, R’ Shmulik was not at home at the time.
A 16-year-old downstairs neighbor came to the rescue and extricated Eliezer from the inferno. He sustained light smoke inhalation. (Yechiel Spira – YWN Israel)