Iranian forces based in Syria targeted northern Israel with 20 rockets on Wednesday night. This was met by a very IAF retaliation, striking out at Iranian infrastructure in areas of Syria.
According to the Russian Defense Ministry, twenty-eight F-15s and F-16s took part in the mission, firing 60 air-to-surface missiles. A Saudi website reports 23 people were killed including Syrian forces.
In addition, the IDF Spokesperson briefed the foreign media that “Israel updated the Russians before the large-scale attack in Russia.”
During the night, the Israeli Air Force attacked the following targets:
• Iranian intelligence sites operated by the Quds Force.
• Logistics headquarters of the Quds Force.
• A military compound and logistics complex of the Quds Force in Kiswah.
• An Iranian military camp north of Damascus.
• Weapons storage sites belonging to the Quds Force at Damascus International Airport.
• Intelligence systems and installations associated with the Quds Force.
• Observation, military posts and weapons in the buffer zone.
(YWN Israel Desk – Jerusalem)