BDE: Identities of Barkan Terror Victims, Bound & Shot Dead in Their Offices; Terrorist On The Loose

3
Kim Levengrond Yehezkel , 28, (RIGHT) and Ziv Hajbi , 35 H"YD

The two victims in the Sunday morning terrorist shooting attack in the Barkan Industrial Park have been identified as 28-year-old Kim Levengrond-Yehezkel HY”D and 35-year-old Ziv Hajbi H”YD, both parents of young children.

Both had worked at Alon Group, which manufactures waste management systems, at the Barkan Industrial Park, located near Ariel in the Northern Shomron. Levengrond-Yehezkel was secretary to the CEO and was studying for the bar exam, while Hajbi worked in accounting.

Levengrond-Yehezkel lived in Rosh Ha’ayin, and is survived by her husband, Guy, and their 18-month-old son.

Ziv Hajbi, from Rishon L’Tzion, was a “pure and amazing soul who left behind three children and a wonderful wife”, said his mother Iris.

Levengrond-Yehezkel’s levaya was scheduled for 10:00PM Sunday in Rosh Ha’ayin. Hajbi’s levaya will be held at 2:00PM Monday in the southern community of Moshav Nir Yisrael.

More than 8,000 workers are employed in Barkan Industrial Park, comprised of about an equal number of Israelis and Palestinians who work side-by-side in about 160 factories.

The suspect, a 23-year-old Palestinian man, was also employed at Alon Group as an electrician. He arrived at the factory shortly before 8:00AM armed with a locally produced Carlo-style submachine gun. Both Yehezkel and Hajbi were bound before being shot dead by the terrorist at close range.

The terrorist fled the scene, still armed with his automatic weapon. The extensive manhunt continues. Security forces, including elite units, Shin Bet agents and police choppers, continue the manhunt for the PA (Palestine Authority) resident who perpetrated the attack, a male in his 20s.

The IDF would not release the suspect’s name, but said he was from the Palestinian village of Shuweika, near Tulkarem. He was acquainted with his victims. The IDF spokesman said he been absent from work in the days before the shooting but was still employed by the factory, refuting earlier media reports that he had been fired.

According to the IDF, the suspect had no history of terrorist activities and was not tied to any terror groups. Earlier in the day, he had posted on his Facebook page that he was “waiting for [Allah].”

A Hamas spokesman has praised the “terrorist attack”, while adding such actions against the occupation are legitimate. Officials in the Palestinian Authority remain silent following the attack.

Moshe Lev-Ran, an export manager at a company whose factory is located next to the scene of the attack, said he doubted the official account.

“One of the workers was fired and he didn’t like the owner … Everybody knew him. He went upstairs to the second floor because he knew who he wanted to shoot, and he shot,” he said. “That’s what I think happened. I don’t believe it was one of the Palestinians who just woke up in the morning and took a gun to shoot an Israeli.”

“No way in our industrial zone,” he said, describing an atmosphere of camaraderie in Barkan.

View this post on Instagram

"ISRAEL SAYS" ?!? @nytimes

A post shared by TheYeshivaWorld.com (@theyeshivaworld) on

(YWN Israel Desk – Jerusalem)




3 COMMENTS

  1. This is the result of starting up with the goyim. If you don’t think this is connected to the IDF killing little boys at the border in Gaza, then you live in a dream. If we keep playing tough guy, we will continue losing people.