During an interview in the Shabbos edition of Yediot Achronot being published on Friday, MK Odeh announced that unlike in the past, when the Joint Arab List refused to discuss entering a coalition government, always serving as members of the opposition, this time, the Arab MKs are willing to entertain entering a coalition government headed by MK Benny Gantz, the chairman of the Blue & White party.
Odeh has basic demands for entering a left-wing coalition, including;
Planning and construction
• Freeze the demolition of privately owned buildings in Yehuda and Shomron
• Repealing the Kamenetz Law that carries increased punishment for building offenses
• The construction of a city for the Arab population
• Collecting [illegal] weapons from the public
• Operations against organized crime and the establishment of an inter-agency team to combat crime
• Building a public hospital in an Arab city
• Increasing old age pensions
• Increasing the budget for shelters for battered women
• Resumptions of negotiations with the PA (Palestinian Authority)
• Abolition of the Nationality Law
Odeh explains “We will never be a partner in a government if the Arab citizens continue to be second class citizens.
(YWN Israel Desk – Jerusalem)