Sarah Harari is know to be a gourmet kosher cook within the Syrian Jewish Community.
I know that any Shabbat recipe from Sarah will go straight onto my Shabbat and Jewish holiday menus!!!
Shabbat Cornish Hens with Roasted Potatoes by Sarah Harari
- 2 cornish hens, cleaned
- 3/4 c honey
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped .
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- salt and pepper.
- Place 2 cornish hens in a roaster.
- Mix all ingredients in a measuring cup and mix well with a fork or emulsion blender.
- Pour mixture on top of cornish hens.
- Marinating overnight is preferable.
- Cook uncovered at 350 for an hour or until top is lacquered and juices run clear.
- Roast 2 lbs. of peeled and cubed pototoes in a tray with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic salt, and oil.
- Add the roasted potatoes on bottom of the roaster and heat roasted potatoes together with the roasted cornish hens for about 45 minutes before serving.
Looking for a chic twist for your Shabbat meal? You’ve come to the right place!
Here at The Jewish Hostess, you can find kosher gourmet recipes, cool ideas for decorating your table, and ways to get your kids excited to come home to a great meal after school. I’m always on the lookout for easy, healthy and quick recipes that I can whip up during the week. Here’s modern place that all Jewish women can visit for ideas for chic Shabbat and holiday table settings, weeknight healthy recipes, cool entertaining tips, and easy, healthy snacks for kids. The Jewish Hostess is all about connecting, sharing, and inspiring traditionwith a modern twist. Please share your best easy gourmet recipes, chic tabletop tips, and Jewish holiday ideas. Lets ensure that our families enjoy Jewish living and keep coming back for more!