Fatal Brooklyn Blaze Sparked By Child


Print Friendly, PDF & Email

MARTINSON_JOHN.jpgFDNY officials tell WCBSTV that the fire that left an FDNY Lieutenant dead in Brooklyn (as reported HERE on YW) was set by a 6-year-old boy.

Investigators said the child accidentally started the fire by putting holiday wrapping paper on top of a lit stove, and then trying to hide the flaming package under a bed.

Lieutenant John Martinson died from smoke inhalation and thermal burns, while fighting the flames.


  1. #1 good point but it has nothing to do with this story, if you would read the story it says it was an accident in other words if you can’t figure it out he wasn’t playing with fire. WE HAVE TO DRUM IT INTO THE HEAD OF NOITALLMR AGAIN AND AGAIN THAT YOU MUST READ THE WHOLE STORY BEFORE POSTING AND SHOULD NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES POST A COMMENT IF IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STORY…

  2. My heart goes out to the Family of Leutenant John Martinson. He was truly a hero. These men are so brave. Enough cannot be said in praises to the wonderful firefighters who protect our community.