A Jerusalem police spokesman announced preparations for the yahrzeit of Rochel Imeinu have been completed. The yahrzeit is on 11 Cheshvan, Monday night and Tuesday.
There will be a heavy police and border police presence to protect the tens of thousands of mispallalim who generally make their way to the tziyun to be mispallel on the yahrzeit.
Police add there will be park-and-rides with bus service available by Egged. There will be Egged pick-up locations on Malchei Yisrael Street and Teddy Stadium, with the latter providing parking. Private vehicles will not be permitted into the Kever Rochel complex during the yahrzeit.
- Private buses will be sent to Teddy Stadium and then passengers can use the shuttle service
- Vehicles will park in the eastern parking lot of Teddy Stadium
- Persons will not be picked up along the route, but only at designated stops.
- Only Egged buses and other buses in special cases will be permitted into the Kever Rochel complex. Accommodations will be made for drivers with disabled permits.
- People will not be permitted to walk along the bus route from Rozmerin Jct. to Kever Rochel.
(YWN – Israel Desk, Jerusalem)