[VIDEO IN EXTENDED ARTICLE]
At 7:30 on Tuesday evening 25 Marcheshvan, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu addressed the nation after hours of high-level security briefings including a session of his Security Cabinet.
Following are highlights of his comments.
· Once again Jerusalem is under terror attack, this time during shachris while victims were wearing tallis and tefilin
· Four holy, pure rabbis were murdered.
· Our condolences to their families and wishes for a total recovery to the wounded, including the hero policemen that prevented an even worse tragedy
· This is deep-rooted hate.
· They say we plan to destroy Har Habayis and their holy sites. It is all lies
· They murder innocent people including a pure three-month-old, Chaya Zisel Braun. (Then lists names of the others murdered in the capital in recent months)
· A bus driver took his own life in Jerusalem as is confirmed unequivocally by the post mortem but this does not prevent the very same sources from inciting and capitalizing on the situation
· What horrifies is not the incitement but the merriment and distribution of sweets and candies as they praise the shaheedim
· Abu Mazen condemned the attack but this was not enough, for he then connected it to Har Habayis and there simply is no connection
· Not only do they take these heinous murderers and turn them into heroes, the incitement against Israel continues and this is at the root of the problem, an education that inculcates the children with these values
· Last week I meet in Jordan with King Abdullah and US Secretary Kerry and together we called for calm. The PA would not participate and today, we see the results.
· Sadly, the world is yet to demand the PA halt the incitement and education of hate, which is at the core of the ongoing conflict.
· If there is a horrific act it compels us to condemn it without tying it to other acts
· When I see Jews davening in a tallis is killed I expect to hear a clear cut condemnation from everyone
· Sadly there are those that reward the PA with prizes, the same PA that says it will not recognize Israel. We will not tolerate this
· We will restore law and order and this evening I ordered to raze the homes of the terrorists today
· To increase law enforcement and to declare organizations that support terrorism illegal
· There are both offensive and defensive plans
· I call on all citizens to remain vigilant but we must remember no one has the right to take the law into his own hands
· The terrorism against us is not new and we know how to deal with it. It has accompanied the entire Zionist enterprise. We must unite for we know what to do and how to deal with this.
· All petty arguments must be pushed to the side and we must unite to defend Jerusalem and Israel, united in spirit
· I call for national unity at this time
(YWN – Israel Desk, Jerusalem)