[VIDEO IN EXTENDED ARTICLE]
A fire in Beit Shemesh has tragically left a 10-year-old child R”L dead, and the rest of a family hospitalized, YWN has learned.
The fire started around 12:17AM (Wednesday morning), in an apartment on Rechov Moreh Yaakov. The fire department along with MDA and United Hatzolah rescue personnel rushed to the scene. Tragically, a 10-year-old child was pulled out of the fire not breathing. She was R”L pronounced dead on the scene.
The fire also left the father, 45-years-old, in critical condition. Also hospitalized was the mother (45) and two other children in stable condition.
They are reportedly Breslov Chassidim.
According to an initial investigation, it appears the fire was started by an unattended Menorah.
Mayor Moshe Abutbul was on the scene minutes after word of the tragedy spread.
(Chaim Shapiro – YWN)