An Israel Electric Company technician was killed by electrocution as he worked on a high voltage line.
The electric company employee was repairing a high voltage line in Silwan in the eastern capital. It is believed that he hit the electric line and was hurled down to the street below, where he was found unconscious. EMS personnel did manage to stabilize his condition somewhat, but he died a short time later in Hadassah Mount Scopus Hospital.
Investigators are trying to determine if the heavy rainfall contributed to the fatal incident. There were no eyewitnesses.
(Yechiel Spira – YWN Israel)