The body of 17-year-old Muhmad Hussein Abu Khadir was found in the Jerusalem Forest on Wednesday morning, 4 Tammuz 5774 at 04:41. The body had been burned. About a half hour earlier, the police dispatcher received a call reporting a young Arab male was being pushed into a car against his will in the Beit Haninah area of northern Yerushalayim. The investigation is ongoing and police report all motives are being investigated, including criminal and nationalistic.
Eyewitnesses told police the victim was heading to the Shuafat mosque for morning services when he was abducted, pushed into a Hyundai vehicle by three Jewish males. They ran to assist him but they were unable to reach him on time. The vehicle drove of “at a crazy speed” they added in their report to police. Police received another report, of an Arab male who disappeared from Beit Haninah. It did not take too long for police for police to put the pieces of the puzzle together, that all three incidents, the burned body, the abduction and missing teen involved the same person, the victim.
PA (Palestinian Authority) officials were quick to announce “Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu is responsible”, demanding that he publically condemn the murder as PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas (Abu Mazen) did in the case of the three youths, Gilad Shar, Naftali Frenkel and Eyal Yifrach HY”D.
Among the first to appear at the home of the murdered youth was MK Hanin Zoabi, who told the world that in her view, the Hamas kidnapping of the youths was the result of the ongoing Israeli occupation. She and some of her Arab MK colleagues refuse to categorize Hamas as a terrorist organization, preferring to view its members as freedom fighters.
(YWN – Israel Desk, Jerusalem)