UPDATE: 1-Year-Old Dies In Passaic From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning After Mom And Sister Died On Saturday Night


cmpOn Sunday YWN reported about a tragic story which occurred in Passaic this past Saturday night during the blizzard.

A 23-year-old mother and her 1-year-old child died of carbon monoxide poisoning as they were sitting in a car that had its tailpipe covered in snow. As YWN had reported, the mothers 3-year-old child was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. Sadly, that child has just passed away after clinging to life for the past several days.

The three had climbed into the family’s vehicle to escape the cold, while the father / husband shoveled the vehicle out from a huge mound of snow, police said. However, the tailpipe was clogged with snow, causing the deadly fumes to fill the vehicle.

He was shoveling for about 20 minutes when he noticed that his wife and their two children appeared to have fallen asleep and attempted to remove them before calling the police.

Hatzolah and Chevra Kaddisha services were not needed in this incident, but this horrific tragedy should be used as a warning to anyone dealing with snow. In under 20 minutes a family was snuffed out.

Do not take this story lightly, and please share it with as many people as you can to help prevent such a tragedy from ever happening again.

(Dov Gordon – YWN)