Every year, as Adar approaches, police, schools and other officials warn of the hazards associated with fireworks, which unfortunately, for many, have become synonymous with Purim.
A 15-year-old boy from Moshe N’vei Yerek was transported to a hospital by MDA on Wednesday, 6 Adar, after sustaining an eye injury playing with fireworks. The child was taken for surgery and doctors admit, it is too early to know for certain at this point, but he may have lost the vision in one eye.
With Purim only days away, Magen David Adom has issued another warning regarding the use of fireworks, which all too often result in injuries. MDA adds about ten days ago, a 12-year-old boy required emergency surgery to a hand, once again, a fireworks-related injury.
Israel Police continues cracking down on the illegal sale of fireworks and dangerous toys ahead of Purim.
(YWN Israel Desk – Jerusalem)