Close this search box.

Treasury Commits to 65 Million NIS for Yeshivos

ponA treasury document commits to transferring 65 million NIS in funding for yeshivos. Of that sum, 52 million NIS (80%) will be allocated to chareidi mosdos and the remaining 20% for hesder yeshivot.

Bayit Yehudi leader Naftali Bennett turned to Finance Minister Yair Lapid seeking 150 million NIS for yeshivos, but was turned down. It has been learned that the treasury has now agreed to 65 million NIS. This sum is in addition to the allocation for yeshivos in the state budget.

Bayit Yehudi leader Naftali Bennett announced that “Torah is not sectoral”, promising to continue fighting for additional funding for all yeshivos.”

Chareidi lawmakers point out that 330 million NIS was cut from yeshivos funding and this announcement is nothing more than a smokescreen to give the uninformed the impression that yeshivos are in the money.

(YWN – Israel Desk, Jerusalem)

4 Responses

  1. Bennet would never have to fight for this sort of thing,if he did’nt insist on marrying the devil himself(Lapid) perhaps for this they’ll cool off their 1st day of Gehennom from 1,000,000 degrees celcius to a 1,000,000 degrees – 100 C

  2. Thank you Naftali for the extra zechsim before Rosh Hashanah.
    #1 Remember that SHAS & UTJ declined to speak to BayitY during coalition talks and even agreed to join a Bibi government with YeshAtid without BY…

  3. #2. Don’t confuse them with the facts. They’d rather attack Bennett than admit that the only thing the Chareidi parties are interested in is…money. They’d give the Land away in a heartbeat for extra funding.

Leave a Reply

Popular Posts