Forum Replies Created
February 14, 2013 11:18 am at 11:18 am in reply to: Viral Video: Girl Curses Out Judge, Gets Thrown in Jail – Who Is Right? #929705
sorry, but a link to this video DOES NOT belong on the yeshiva world.July 21, 2011 3:19 pm at 3:19 pm in reply to: With what was known about L Aron, could anyone have predicted that he'd murder? #787840
I dont think it was predictable. I’ll state a few points that are worth mentioning
1) This was the first time he ever abducted a child. I know they must do their part and look for other victims but they arern;t going to find any. That is what is SO shocking with this case–based on the serial killer nature of his killing (trophies etc…) we should expect to find more bodies–but we wont
2) this was purely a random encounter–Levi was not prowling the streets looking for a little kid that Monday. It just happened.
3) Levi probably had some type of deep buried compulsions that may have been knocking at the surface (reports of him attempting to lure boys) The chance encounter set off a reaction in him that led to the tragedy.
4) he probably did something in their first dialogue to secure Leiby’s trust–something that only a “frum guy” could pull off. Something as innocuous as acknowledging he knows his cheder to even his street or shul. Whatever fear Leiby had at that point was now secured–he was safely in a frum mans hand going to his mother….
5) If you notice from the videos, Levi is walking a few feet ahead of Leiby at all times–a classic “child molester” defense mode. Levi’s thoughts are in overdrive–he has morbid thoughts that are consuming him.
6) He possibly lied to Leiby and told him that he spoke with his mother and said it was okay to go to Monsey. The Monsey trip was a decoy. kind of built him an alibi–he also knew he couldnt bring Leiby in to the house until “after tzais”
7) I think he wanted to sexually abuse Leiby but couldn’t bring him self to do it, he then perhaps tried to drug him so he wouldn’t be aware of what was happening–perhaps he OD’d and Levi panicked and then smothered him.
8) the dismemberment is truly bizarre. But it obviously gave him some thrill, some pleasure and he kept the feet as a trophy or to later dispose of as a decoy.
9) I will say that if he had not gotten caught, then there would have been more victims–how soon, we’ll never know B”H
10) There is something very clear that G-d is telling us. It is so random and bizarre that it has to be from Hashem. I have many ideas and thoughts on what Hashem wants to tell us with the murder of Leiby Kletzky but who am I to say?
Can anyone with some forensic experience please tell me that Leiby was so intoxicated that he didn;t know what was happening…..my heart will rest better knowing that he didn’t suffer too much. I just can’t get the vision out of when Leiby went from being secure in Levi Aron’s hands to being scared and wanting his mommy…..
Just keep in mind that Levi Aron will most likely be killed in prison if he doesn’t commit suicide…..
will we be saying “allright that pig is dead” when he is killed by some guy in jail?
believe it or not but I enjoy the smell of my dirty socks!
One thing to keep in mind is that often these callers are calling from Eretz Yisroel as parnassah. Chances are you are talking to some mother of 4, who made aliyah 3 years ago, living in Ramat Beit Shemesh, who is calling at 1:30 in the morning E”Y time, and is “working” to support her family.
I did it. my wife and I went out for 2 dates–it didn’t go anywhere. about a year or so later, I inquired again and after a little bit of nudging here and there, we both committed to try it again. 1 month later–engaged.
Happily married many years later!
Baruch Hashem I live in Israel and can’t relate to nonsense discussions like this.
my son had them put it about 8 months ago, in Israel. hasn’t had an ear infection since!!
ok. I’m finally going to write.
I was a 30 something, BT male, normal looking, ashkenaz, college educated but not “a big money guy”, yeshivish hashkafos, no personal baggage but some mild family baggage bachur.
I dated over 60 girls while I was single. I dated EVERY type of girl–FFB’s, BT’s, older, younger, sephardi, ashkenaz, girls that were completely upper west side to yeshivishe girls who needed daddy’s permission to date me and EVERYTHING in between, sometimes i traveled to them, sometimes they travelled to me, spoiled girls, girls from poor families, doctor’s, and every type of ______ therapist girls, single dates, 7th or 8th date, , in-town girls, out of towners, heavy girls, slim girls, and EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN. I never had a shortage of potential dates
I always had people interested and doing their best to set me up–I was rarely not in the parsha. I thank every day, the hard working, well-intentioned people that did there best to keep me in mind–and many followed through.
I am married to a wonderful girl from a wonderful family. I now have my own wonderful family growing by the day. Baruch Hashem.
I do want to ask–is there really a huge shidduch “crisis”. Over the years, I would hear or see or find out that many of these girls eventually got engaged. I am aware that well over half of these girls are married today. unfortunately there were a few girls that, despite all of their great maa’los, will probably always remain single.
I can also say that a majority of the other “singles” from my “days on the market” are all married today–both the guys i was buddies with or saw around town and the “single girls from the area” that were naturally seen and mentioned through the circles that we operated in.
So I always want to say–what shidduch crisis?November 14, 2010 9:20 am at 9:20 am in reply to: Kids or teens who leave the Shabbos table to go read… #709399
my Rosh Yeshiva spoke exactly about this to me once. he says it’s better that his teenage son loafs on his couch during a seudah and reads Jewish things than be out on the street.
his son isn;t so “shtark”, and doesn’t dress black & white etc, BUT he is a good kid, KEEPS SHABBOS, has a “low-pressure” learning seder.
The R”Y also is PROUD that his son has a job and works.
ham & cheese from the Carnegie Deli!
I live in E”Y and work for an American company–I come home between 12 and 1 almost every night. But I am home in the mornings and early afternoon.
My wife accepts it because I pay the bills on time and she doesn;t have to go out and get a job.November 1, 2010 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm in reply to: Please Be Cautious With Whom You Entrust Your Children To! #705971
I thank G-d every day that I live in a frum city in Eretz Yisroel. You are all NUTS for entrusting “the diverse melting pot” of America with our precious children. Absolutely nuts.
I won’t even entrust my non-frum parents to supervise my children, ESPECIALLY when we visit America and they might feed them treif.
How on earth can you let these same “goytas” that you all look at with disdain be responsible for your children?????????
I actually found this website called http://exterminators.networx.com
You fill out the form real quick and within minutes you’ll have around 3 LICENSED exterminators calling you up giving you quotes.
I have used the site to find exterminators for some of the property that I own.
if you feel uncomfortable doing electrical work then make sure you hire a LICENSED electrician. http://www.electriciansnetworks.com is a good place to start–they all have current licenses and they give free estimates with no obligation.